Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
Maintenance Supervisor -Electrical
Wärtsilä Nigeria is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical) Technician in the Contract Delivery department. The location of this position is in Calabar, Nigeria
Responsible for all activities related to the maintenance management of the 50DF engine power plant like,
- Coordinate daily electrical and automation maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Train maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable
- guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking.
- • Wärtsilä power plant knowledge
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set
- Good experience on power plant project sales, power project development and Operation and Maintenance total solutions experience
- BEng/BTech in Electrical Engineering
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wartsila Marine career website on careers.wartsila.com to apply