Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG (The Technical Assistance Team) is seeking the services of qualified experts who will provide technical expertise within the capacity below under the European Union funded Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, Phase III in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States:
Senior WSS Sector Regulation Expert
Locations: Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States (one of the 3 states will be chosen as the expert’s main base), Nigeria
Project: TA service contract for the implementation of the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRPIII)
Engagement: Short-term, 100 working days in the period August 2019 – end April 2020
Scope of work
The Senior WSS Sector Regulation Expert, in coordination with the other experts and the team leader, will work on/contribute to the following activities as spelt out in the TAT Terms of Reference:
- Develop an institutional model and guidelines for economic regulation of water services in the three states; and
- Suggest and support changes to the institutional framework and underlying legal and administrative environment relevant for a Water Services Sector Monitoring Unit in each State and agree on the implementation of the concept.
- Ensure stakeholders sustained engagement, commitment and coordination with regard to the implementation of policies and plans;
- Support the development of new and/or refinement of existing policies and strategies with regard to commercialising water service provision in the three states; and
- Sustain support to the State Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Coordination Committees.
Duration of the Assignment
The foreseen start date of the above assignment is beginning of September 2019. This position forsee a full-time input (Ca. 20 man days/month)
Required education and skills:
- University Degree (minimum Bachelor level; Master preferred) in Planning and Management, Finance, Accounting, Law, Water Engineering, Economics, Sociology, Development Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline. In the absence of a Master degree, additional 10 years to the general professional experience required;
- Ability to coach, motivate and nurture workmen at different levels, communicate fluently, work as a team member, and a matured level of sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with key stakeholders;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in English.
General professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance, legal, institutional and commercial matters obtained in an institutional and/or corporate setting, with progressing responsibility;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the water supply and sanitation sector;
- Must have significant experience in sub-Saharan Africa, experience in several other developing countries is an asset).
Specific professional experience:
- At least 3 years years’ experience in water sector operations and management issues such as tariff, billing, metering systems, financial accounting system, commercialisation, regulation and/or performance monitoring;
- Experience in financial, legal and institutional aspects of Water Sector Regulation;
- Experience in managing, facilitating / conducting community water and sanitation meetings and capacity building.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and a short Motivational Letter to "Marinel Ivanova" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and copies of diplomas and employers' reference will be requested.