Hulla & Co Human Dynamics KG (The Technical Assistance Team) is seeking the services of qualified experts who will provide technical expertise within the capacity below under the European Union funded Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, Phase III in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States:
Senior WSSS Operation & Maintenance Advisor/Trainer
Locations: Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States (one of the 3 states will be chosen as the expert’s main base), Nigeria
Project: TA service contract for the implementation of the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme Phase III (WSSSRPIII)
Engagement: Short-term, 120 working days in the period August 2019 – end April 2020
Scope of Work
The Advisor/Trainer will provide institutional analysis, technical advisory, formal and on the job trainings in the area of operation and maintenance to staff of Water Utilities/Corporations and Water Consumer Associations in the 3 states of Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau towards working on commercial principles.
The SNKE, in coordination with the other experts and the team leader, will work on/contribute to the following activities as spelt out in the TAT Terms of Reference:
- Build the capacity of water utilities with regard to operating water services under commercial principles in the three states in the area of Operation and Maintenance.
- Develop an institutional model and guidelines for economic regulation of water services in the three states;
- Ensure stakeholders sustained engagement, commitment and coordination with regard to the implementation of policies and plans;
- Advise on the institutional reform of water utilities to take commercial principles into consideration.
Duration of the Assignment
The foreseen start date of the above assignment is beginning of September 2019. This position forsee a full-time input (Ca. 20 man days/month)
Education and Skills:
- University Degree (minimum of Bachelor level; Master preferred) in Water related subjects, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Technical, Logistical and/or Environmental Management, or other relevant discipline. In the absence of a Master's Degree, additional 10 years to the general professional experience required;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to coach, motivate and nurture employees at different levels, communicate fluently, work as a team member, and a matured level of sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with key stakeholders.
General Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Operation & Maintenance;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the water and sanitation sector;
- Must have significant experience in the developing world, preferably including sub-Saharan Africa;
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment in developing countries would be an advantage.
Specific Professional Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in water utility commercialization with a broad range of experience in operational and maintenance development and reform;
- Experience in institutional analysis, strategic advice and formal and on-the job training in the WSS sector with regard to operation and maintenance;
- Experience with training needs assessment, curricular development and a diverse range of training methods.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and a short Motivational Letter to "Marinel Ivanova" via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and copies of diplomas and employers' reference will be requested.