DMA Agric LTD (DA) is the agribusiness company of DMA Capital LTD. DA is a value chain developer and facilitator in agricultural value chains operating from seed to plate in Nigeria with the objective to develop and facilitate profitable and sustainable agricultural value chains in Nigeria for all stakeholder across the value chains. This company invests nationwide in strategic projects, companies and operators to promote sustainable agricultural production to ensure food security in Nigeria. They have forged partnerships and alliances with key global players in the agribusiness ecosystem with the aim of securing and improving food production and supply chain that are in harmony with the environment and safe for human consumption.
As part of DA, DMA Trading and Storage a major player in the grain and oilseeds value chains in Nigeria owns a total of 250,000 metric tons storage and pre-storage processing facilities is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below;
Local/ Technical Field Agent
Location: Bauchi, Ekiti, Ikenne, Jos, Minna, Ogoja and Sokoto
Duration: Fulltime (subject to yearly review based on performance)
The Local Technical Field Agent will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing grains from the farmers and grain market and developing and coordinating a network of farmer’s cooperative to produce grain DMA Trading and Storage.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Facilitate the sourcing and purchase of grains for the silos together with Trading Assistant/Commercial Officers;
- Develop and manage a network of grain producers and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with farmers and grain traders and other key stakeholders in the grain value chain.
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activities together with Trading Assistant/Commercial Officers;
- Plan and complete frequent desk and field marketing research on the grain value chain.
- Monitor and report daily and weekly farm gate and spot market price of grains around and within the states where the silo is located.
- Report weekly/monthly on the status of the grain market to the grain trade and storage directors.
- Identify, develop and manage network grain farmers to produce grains for the silos;
- Develop and maintain a database of all farmers in DA’s farmer’s cooperative including their assets.
- Supervise and monitor the production of grains on the field of farmers in DA’s farmer’s cooperative from land preparation to the silos to align with global GAP.
- Organize and coordinate on-time distribution and delivery of farm inputs to grain farmers in DA’s farmer’s cooperative.
- Plan and organize production timetable for all crop production activities.
- Ensure proper documentation of all farm machinery and equipment used by the DA’s farmer’s cooperative.
- Daily, weekly and monthly record-keeping of all grain production activities and report writing to the Junior Master Farmers
- Design and implement knowledge transfer and capacity building program for DA’s farmer’s cooperative in close consultation together with the Junior Master Farmer;
- Training of DA’s farmer’s cooperative on the latest good agronomic practices and technology.
- Advisory and consultancy service to DA’s farmer’s cooperative.
- Actively participate in the monitoring and evaluation of all activities on the farm and market.
- Must have a good educational background in Agriculture with emphasis on agronomy, (crop, soil and weed management), agribusiness, agricultural economics and extension;
- Should have a minimum of 0-2 years working experience with relevance in agriculture and agribusiness;
- Previous experience with the private sector and hands-on market linkages will be an added advantage;
- Well proven skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be energetic, creative, and willing to learn;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English Language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of local languages is an added advantage.
- Must have previous experience in agribusiness and be willing to spend long periods travelling and staying in rural areas;
- Must have a good theoretical and practical understanding of the grain value chain in Nigeria especially grain production and marketing and major grain trading routes in the country;
- Thorough knowledge of grain market development and information systems particularly within Nigeria.
- Proven depth knowledge in modern crop production technologies and farm mechanization.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment and to transfer knowledge and experience;
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven planning, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, the worldwide web, Emails and WhatsApp).
- Must be able to speak the indigenous dialect of chosen state.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Letter of Motivation in one pdf or word document to email@example.com with the job title and preferred location as the subject of the email. E.g‘‘SILO / LOCATION MANAGER_BAUCHI’’