- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Materials Development Specialist at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 25 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Materials Development Specialist
Req No: MATER01626
Job Type: Full Time
- Creative is seeking a Materials Development Specialist for an anticipated donor-funded project in Nigeria aiming to enable more effective state and non-state systems to deliver foundational skills to all children
- The Materials Development Specialist will be responsible for the development of reading and instructional materials, ensuring that the content of the materials developed is effective
- S/he will also be responsible for leading the production of multimedia classroom and instructional materials to ensure they adhere to the content developed by the Ministry of Education.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Materials Development Specialist will report to the Curriculum Development Advisor.
- Review and develop teaching manuals and guides for in-service training that will be used to roll out the teacher trainings;
- Develop training materials that include how to teach the component skills of reading, classroom-based reading assessment, and methodology for teaching fundamental reading skills to children, as well as oral reading skills development in Hausa;
- Ensure that all pedagogical materials align with government requirements and build on existing training materials as recommended by the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure availability of materials available in innovative IT formats to support self-learning where possible; and
- Collaborate with the other projects to ensure linkages and shared approaches and materials.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Education or related Pedagogically oriented field preferred;
- At least four (4) years of experience in work specifically to improve education programming directed to rural, ethno-linguistic underserved populations;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience;
- Prior experience with supporting family/community engagement of education outcomes;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken and English;
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultural barriers to education and to reading in Nigeria;
- Demonstrated experience on other international development projects strongly preferred; and
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in local languages is highly desired.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Hausa Reading Specialist at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Female Early Years Educator at Millie's International School
- Female School Operations Coordinator at Millie's International School
- School Bus Nanny at Masters Ville Children School
- Software Instructor at NIIT
- Early Years Teacher at Young Readers Library
- Assistant Lecturer at Kwara State University
- Lecturer I at Kwara State University
- Lecturer II at Kwara State University