Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are seeking to hire boiler operators to perform a range of tasks involved in day-to-day operation and maintenance of boilers. They ensure appropriate fuel delivery to keep the boiler working. Additional tasks include maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget
- Supervise team of assistant operators and mechanics by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations in order to ensure full compliance at all times
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrades.
Education, Essential Skills and General Requirements:
- Graduation from a standard high school and considerable experience in maintenance and operation of steam boilers; or any equivalent combination of experience and traning.
- Minimum of five years of experience with complex systems and/or the industrial sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and safety conscious
- High physical strength, grip strength and dexterity
- Good attention to small details and highly organized
- Mechanical skills, as well as critical thinking and problem solviing abilities.
- Must have worked on a Themax Machine.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com stating the position applied as the subject of the mail.
PS: candidates with completed apprenticeship program will be preferred.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.