Chartered Accountant at Stresert Services Limited
Posted on: 14 June, 2019
Deadline: 17 June, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
StreSERT Services Limited - Our client, a Commodity Exports Company is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below
- Responsible for the company financial management function.
- Manages the accounts and ensures adequate financial controls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust accounts.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit.
- Prepares the company’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Uses and is familiar with the company’s financial computer systems, manuals and procedures. Maintains and updates procedural manual as needed.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Conducts monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Practice Manager.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates / supervises the company’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Prepares a schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status.
- Maintains proper inventory of the company’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
- Acts as an interface between the company and its bankers.
- Assists in the company’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
- Acts as back-up to the Practice Manager.
- Any other responsibility assigned by line manager.
Qualification & Other Attributes
- A graduate with back ground in Accounting.
- Chartered with good knowledge of Nigeria Taxation
- Minimum of 3 years core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- The Candidate must be an Associate member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
- Problem solving and Effective time-management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, Tally etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
Proposed salary is net monthly N120, 000 - Negotiable
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the requirements listed above should forward their CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘CA-AKURE’ or SEC-AKURE as subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from Stresert Services Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Secretary at Stresert Services Limited
- Know More About Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer (Audit and Compliance) at Sightsavers
- Deputy Finance Manager at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Accountant at Kaldi Africa limited
- Financial Analyst at Transquisite Consulting
- Accountant at Paykobo
- Accounts Officer at Sunrose Consulting
- Financial Reporting Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Risk & Compliance Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)