ETL Developer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
Posted on: 14 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Tenece Professional Services Limited
Tenece Professional Services Limited ('Tenece') is a multi-competency enterprise transformation and technology-consulting firm that combines expertise and capabilities across many industries and business functions to deliver superior value to its clients. Tenece collaborates with its clients, both in the private and public sectors, to build high performance enterprises.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental data warehousing and ETL solutions.
- Create robust and high-performing ETL mappings using Microsoft SSIS.
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration, data integrity, and data quality.
- Translate business requirements into ETL designs and mapping specifications.
- Understand and contribute to enterprise data warehouse data model.
- Perform unit testing of ETL components and document test results.
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to the team.
- 5+ years of experience (client facing) related to data integration/ETL and data warehousing implementation. Experience needs to include data mapping, ETL development and testing, and database design.
- Expertise with implementing ETL solutions in IBM Data Stage.
- Experience implementing database solutions on MS SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 required. Database tuning experience a plus.
- Experience with additional Business Intelligence and analytics tools a plus, but not required (Business Objects, etc.).
- Experience with implementations for Financial Services/Banking clients desired.
- Minimum of three end-to-end projects completed from ETL/integration/system requirements, ETL Design, ETL configuration/development, ETL Testing/QA, and database data modeling activities.
- Advanced SQL including some query tuning
- Experience in the identification of data quality
- Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing
- Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data
- Proficient in how to deploy to and debug a production SSIS, Unix and Windows environment
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework 4.0 & 4.5, MVC, Java, Spring
- Proficient in C# and VB.NET with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns
- Experience with popular web application frameworks (Angular, Node, React, TypeScript, Vue, Lavarel etc)
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Knowledge of Database Frameworks such as Entity, JPA, Linq etc.
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, Team Foundation Server etc.
- Providing technical support for web, desktop or mobile applications
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- Related Certification in Data Warehousing, .Net and Java would be preferred.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience developing ETL processes with SSIS in a data warehouse environment. Requires experience in Visual Studio Tools (2012, 2015, 2017), Oracle Tools and Java Developers IDE
- Strong knowledge of data quality, data profiling, and data cleansing techniques.
- Reverse engineering the existing data flow and transformation logic from SSIS, SSAS, and Excel
- 5+ years of experience in relational and data warehouse database design, optimization and performance with MS SQL and Oracle.
- 5+ years of experience building reports with SSRS.
- 5+ years of experience with SSIS and SSAS.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience migrating SSIS from legacy deployment (package base) to Project base deployment a plus.
- 5 years' of experience in ETL Tools and application development
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery.
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership.
- Excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, ability to analyze data and test data against business rules.
- Excellent programming and research skills
- Abilities in analytics, time-management, communication, and coaching
- Ability to work with IT and business personnel.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
- Know More About Tenece Professional Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Switch Support Engineer at GVA Partners
- Blockchain Specialist at GVA Partners
- Java Developer at GVA Partners
- UI/UX Designer at Sure Group
- PS Implementation Consultant/Software Engineer at NCR Corporation
- Data Entry Officer (Female) at Knowledgeware Technologies
- Digital Media Marketing/ Junior Website Developer/ Programmer at ICT HUB
- IT & Networking Intern at Buffer Media