Inventory Account Manager at Sahara Group
Posted on: 11 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
Inventory Account Manager
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all inventory transactions in the general ledger. Identify ideal inventory method, implement, monitor and ensure adequate control mechanism.
- Oversee the entire inventory process from stock inflow and outflow. Provide real time Inventory position and monetary value of stock.
- Monitor timely and accurate capture of all inventory transactions: inflows and outflows
- Generate and analyze inventory data to determine and advise inventory cost, selling price and profit margin
- Update and maintain daily, weekly and monthly inventory report and position
- Manage the monthly financial closing for the inventory and costing processes
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required
- Identify inventory variances and causes and reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze inventory related overhead cost and variable cost to ensure proper cost allocation
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and maintain count records
- Provide expert advice and timely information as regards inventory to management and other units to aid decision making
- Provide information to the Commercial department to enable pricing decisions
- Oversee the entire inventory process and ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Adhoc duties as advised by the company Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong grasp of IFRS accounting and general accounting concepts
- Must possess knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
- ERP experience required, strong preference for Oracle experience
- Must have knowledge of different inventory valuation methods
- Must be able to do complex analysis required to find and address inventory variances.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Relevant Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA , CIMA or CPA
- At least 5 years post-NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines
- Agility to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information (using analytical tools), taking into consideration resources, constraints, etc.
- Has leadership and management abilities to coordinate inventory custodians across several locations
- Possesses a passion to help team members and ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Strong analytical prowess and detail-oriented
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- External customers - including International Oil Companies
- Cross-functional with multiple departments
- External bodies such as Board of Directors, NSE, Capital Market, etc.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Sahara Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Treasury & Tax Accountant at Sahara Group
- Know More About Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Warehouse Officer at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Warehouse Supervisor at Transsion Holdings
- Stock Keeper at Owens and Xley
- Procurement Officer at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
- Outbound Officer (Warehouse) at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Inventory Management Supervisor at Konga Online Shopping Limited
- Event Warehouse Assistant Manager at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Store Keeper at Blue Lodge Catering Limited