Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered in 2007 with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. HIFASS is also committed to enhancing the quality of lives of the vulnerable population including women, children and disabled persons in Nigeria. We provide local driven solutions to advance better development outcome in health, education and other social services. HIFASS in partnership with other development organizations implement a donor-funded community Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Pediatric ART Saturation Support programs in Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Adamawa & Kano States.
Currently we are seeking qualified candidates who will work in the following LGAs - Fufore, Girei, Gombi, Guyuk, Hong, Jada, mayo Belwa, Michika, Mobi South, Shelleng, Song, Toungo, Yola North and Yola South:
Community Case Manager - CCM
Reports to: State Team Leader
Slot: 8 Openings
- Community Case Managers will provide technical and programmatic implementation of community OVC interventions and Pediatric ART Saturation Support (PASS) at households and community levels in Adamawa State.
- The CCMs are expected to strengthen community and health facility linkages so as to optimize care, treatment and support services to vulnerable children infected or affected by HIV.
- In addition, support treatment adherence, retention in care and viral load monitoring.
- The position will build networks with other implementing partners, health facility staff, CBO partners, laboratory, communities and caregivers. Ensure community demand creation for HTS and coherent delivery of high quality OVC services at LGAs, community and household levels.
- Engage with SMWASD, SACA, SPHCDA, and relevant partners to implement OVC case management services in line with national policy guidelines and strategies.
- Ensure community entry, engagement and mapping of local resources within the communities of focus LGAs.
- Provide assisted referral services and linkage to care and treatment services for test indicated children.
- Support Index case testing and contact tracing at household and community levels.
- Conduct regular community outreach services and door to door campaigns for demand creation, HIV prevention and referral services.
- Address individual community-focused HIV-related stigma and discrimination concerns limiting disclosure and access to treatment
- Develop and roll out mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision program for community volunteers at it relates to OVC service delivery and pediatric case findings at community level.
- A first Degree in Health or Science related field.
- At least three years working experience in health, HIV & AIDS, OVC, Malaria or RMNCH program in Nigeria.
- Previous experience working will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with LGA social welfare unit, health facilities, LACA and other field-based implementing partners to achieving better results is desirable.
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in working collaboratively with facility staff, CVs and other Expert case managers.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven computer appreciation skills and experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conversant with the local working environment in Akwa Ibom or Kano States
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members and sub-partners, as well as external relations with the State Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
- Other Specification: Candidates must be resident in Adamawa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV and Cover Letter to the Human Resources Manager in only one attachment (PDF Format) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
Note: Please indicate the title of the position as the subject of the mail.