Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor at Adexen
Posted on: 3 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients in the Construction industry to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager, Engineers, Financial / Cost Accountant, Procurement and Commercial Team to ensure compliance in contracting, negotiating and effective costing of a project from start to end date.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Prepare cost analysis based on engineering estimates, architectural drawings, materials required and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable the project team to produce practical designs for all projects by liaising with engineers, architect and subcontractors.
- Evaluate and assist in negotiating tenders from contractors and subcontractors.
- Communicate regularly with project team and subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Control all stages of projects within the predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Supply all relevant information to the Project Manager for review at the specified interval set.
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First Degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying experience from Construction projects or Commercial Fit Out.
- Candidate must have required Professional Certificates.
- Candidate must be a certified member of NIQS, QSRBN and other Professional bodies.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Construction Costing Software (CANDY)
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for a better solution.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Adexen
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Project Manager at Adexen
- Construction Manager at Adexen
- Customer Service Supervisor at Adexen
- Supply Chain Manager at Adexen
- Senior Procurement Officer at Adexen
- Marketing Manager at Adexen
- Know More About AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Project Construction Manager ( Subgrade Earthwork) at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Surveyor at AIM Consultants
- Project Officer at DO.II Designs Limited
- Freelance Architects at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy
- Quantity Surveyor - Interior Design at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy
- Consultant - Building Design at Imo State Government
- Quantity Suveyor at Venerer Talent
- Maintenance Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited