GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Lead Engineer - Service Engineering
Additional Locations: Ghana, Nigeria;Lagos, Accra;
- As a Lead Service Engineer - Controls, you will be responsible for upholding GE's product integrity by proactively identifying customer issues, investigating technical anomalies, providing technical assessments at both component as well as systems levels, and communicating GE technical solutions to customers.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures. Escalate issues as required, acting as the liaison between field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner
- Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues. Interface with Product Service, System and Design Engineering teams, providing technical leadership to personnel supporting project assigned to resolve customer technical issue
- Hand-on experience in Legacy Alstom equipment 13E2/GT24/G26 and ALSP & ADVANT Control Systems and/or Legacy GE Equipment and Mark VI Control Systems
- Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments
- Travel to customer locations to:
- Support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE's commitment technical solution
- Support unplanned/forced outages to meet reliability/availability goals
- Provide commercial teams with technical support for sales and services proposal activities
- Plan and provide engineering technical oversight to the Contractual Services and Field Services teams during planned outages to meet reliability and availability goals.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations in the region (Red Flag Review process) during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals
- Partner with the Design Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics / Controls & Instrumentation) or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Installation/Commissioning/Maintenance of GE and/or Alstom Control System, HMIs and Networking Equipment
- Strong working knowledge of various GE and/or Alstom GT/ST Frames operational philosophy
- In Nigeria: a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- In Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- In countries other than Nigeria: must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location.
- Experience in a matrix leadership environment
- Prior experience in a field engineering or customer service facing role
- Experience working in global, matrix organization & ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.