Coordinator, Program Operations at eHealth Systems Africa
Posted on: 3 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
Coordinator, Program Operations
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Purpose of the Position
- The Coordinator, Programs Operations Provide leadership for the operation team and respond to key operational challenges.
- S/he will work with and be supervised by the Manager, Programs Operations.
- The Coordinator, Programs Operations role is to Coordinate daily schedules and special programs for facility residents in collaboration with other team members.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises ongoing maintenance of all eHA assets including (buildings, inspection and preventive maintenance of machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization).
- Monitors, manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services to the various departments.
- Oversees and manages vendors. Assists with the identification and selection of vendors.
- Generates work plan for the vendor, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources. Identifies and resolves vendor issues. Oversees record keeping (online and physical) for vendors, vehicles usage, etc.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment
- Coordinate daily schedules and special programs for facility residents in collaboration with other team members.
- Devise an annual certification and licensing renewal preparation course for employees.
- Reach out to local shopping centers and other businesses to find places residents can go for offsite.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain the agenda.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, etc.).
- Prepare paperwork and order material.
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals.
- Support growth and program development
- Performs any other task assigned by Management.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree from college or university in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or a related field.
- Five (4) years working experience in Operations, preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of operations supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary/diverse teams, as well as the mentoring team.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manual.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in local Hausa is an advantage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- Above all
- We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply
- Know More About eHealth Systems AfricaSimilar Jobs
- Project Manager/Solution Architect at Netcom Africa
- Zonal Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
- Project Manager at SOS Children Villages
- Implementation Project Specialist at Insidify
- FGM Country Project Manager at Plan International
- Facilitator - Livestock (Poultry and Meat Value Chains) at SNV
- Project Management Trainee at Brookstone Property Limited
- Product Manager at Proten