Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
About the Media Associate Role
- We're looking for an energetic recent graduate who is thoughtful, and who has an instinct for the most interesting part of every story, to contribute their photography, videography, and audio storytelling skills to our Growth team as a Media Associate.
- You'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- Paystack is a group of skilled friends collaborating with ambitious merchants across Africa. This relationship yields some pretty amazing stories of impact. As the Media Associate, you'll work with the Media Manager to capture and share the stories of growth and innovation that are happening on both sides of this partnership, and within the industries in which Paystack operates.
- As a member of the Paystack team, you'll be exposed to thousands of creators from across the continent. You'll learn a lot about different industries, and you'll use images and sound to help people see businesses in Africa in new and exciting ways.
- This is an opportunity to work alongside a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You'll Be Doing
- Photograph and video Paystack events, case studies and other narrative projects.
- Create custom images and original stock content
- Edit photos and video for publication across platforms
- Assist with podcast production
- Contribute to social media storytelling efforts including content creation - photo, video and audio, according to a predetermined editorial calendar
- Manage digital assets - maintenance and archiving content
What it takes to Succeed in this Role
- The ability to take high quality photos and shoot video with a DSLR camera
- Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
- Visual, audio, and written content creation experience; well developed eye/ear for great stories
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You're able to take complex ideas and explain them in plain, compelling language
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid time management and stakeholder management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to interact easily with people around you
- The ability to take initiative - chase stories and capture moments without waiting to be told
- The ability to improvise when plans aren't going well, to salvage the best outcomes
- A strong interest in the innovation of media and storytelling, and a strong interest in improving your craft
While this is not a requirement, it would be a plus if you:
- Have a basic technical understanding of lighting and color grading
- Are familiar with Adobe After Effects and creating motion graphics
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
- To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you'll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test.
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
- Questions? Please send an email to email@example.com, addressed to Emmanuel Quartey.