Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
About the Content Marketer Role
- We're looking for a gifted writer to help build Africa's largest digital business media network. Like Bloomberg, CNBC Africa, and GartnerL2, we want to connect entrepreneurs in Africa with the ideas, people, and information they need to grow - and lead - massively successful businesses.
- As a Content Marketer at Paystack, you'll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- Paystack exists to help merchants grow. To do this, we create simple, powerful tools to help our customers build incredible products . But to fully reach their potential, our customers need more than just tools: they need insight. This is why we began investing in content - blog posts, events, guides, webinars, podcasts, and much more. Over the last two years, we've built a rich archive of engaging B2B content, and we've been completely blown away by the enthusiastic response to this content from a large (and growing!) audience of business owners. We're looking for someone who is both smart and deeply creative to take these efforts to the next level.
- As the Content Marketer at Paystack, you'll join our tiny marketing team - we're currently only 3 people! :D You'll find out all the critical business topics that our merchants seek to master and help them do so. As a result, you'll drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels, educate businesses about the power of modern payments technology, and help keep Paystack top of mind with prospects.
- You'll do this with a lot of writing - blog posts, case studies, sales assets, guides, tweets, reports, website copy, and a lot more. You'll also create and maintain an ambitious editorial calendar, while ensuring that content is distributed and recycled as widely as possible. And you'll do all this side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- To succeed in this role, you must have the creativity of an advertising copywriter, a magazine editor's instincts for what makes a great story, a business reporter's appreciation for data, and the people skills of a community manager. Above all, you must possess profound empathy for our customers.
- Paystack merchants are a community of makers and company builders with big dreams. Using thoughtful and creative content marketing, you'll help them see the path towards realizing those dreams.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. You’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.
What will you be doing
- Own the editorial calendar of articles, events, videos, podcasts, and numerous other content assets. You’ll learn which topics merchants care most about, and create content around them on a consistent schedule.
- Work closely with the Sales, Customer Success, Design, and Media teams to create assets for each stage of the sales cycle for different industries
- Lead Paystack's content distribution strategy and audience development efforts. You'll make sure that new content finds brands new audiences, and that our rich archive of existing content is smartly recycled.
- We have a number of strategic partners at Paystack. You'll build relationships with new and existing partners to identify co-marketing opportunities that reflect the best of both brands.
- Represent Paystack at events both individually and together with other members of the company
- Help define Paystack's brand voice for all customer touchpoints
- Manage Paystack’s social media channels and social community
- Help edit content for other teams, such as proposals and customer-facing announcements
What it takes to succeed at the role
- You must be an excellent writer and speaker, able to take complex ideas and articulate them in clear, compelling ways. Said bluntly: you'll need to be the best writer at Paystack, which is an absurdly high bar to hurdle because we have some pretty phenomenal writers on the team. (But ACTUALLY tho :D Has anyone ever described your writing as "supple?" To excel as the Content Marketer at Paystack, people need to describe your writing as supple. :D)
- You should be able to write in different moods and voices, depending on the topic and the situation.
- You should have instincts for positioning, framing, and editorial direction. Given the multiple different angles a story can take, you should have a good sense of which to run with.
- You must be a highly organized and detail-oriented project manager that can manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously. There'll be a lot of content to produce on a tight schedule, and we'll be counting on you to keep everything running flawlessly.
- You should be familiar with the audience development and distribution tactics of modern B2B digital media companies such as CB Insights, Bloomberg, and Skift.
- You should be familiar with the growth strategies and marketing tactics of fast-growing tech startups
- You should possess an instinct for spotting new growth channels and enjoy experimenting with them. For example, is there an opportunity for us to do interesting things with Snapchat's AR platform? And if so, is it worth investing resources into exploring that channel?
- You should be extremely creative, able to take a quick outline and come up with entire campaigns.
- You should genuinely enjoy hearing people’s stories, and have an instinctive ability to pick out the most interesting parts of that story and get other people excited about it
- You should have a good eye for design
While this is not required, it would be a plus if you
- Have graphic design ability and are familiar with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Have photo/video capture and editing skills
- Have previous content-related work experience at B2B digital media companies
- Have strong relationships in global and/or local media
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
- To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you'll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test.
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
- Questions? Please send an email to email@example.com, addressed to Emmanuel Quartey.