Technical Sales Manager at Weatherford
Posted on: 1 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Weatherford
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
Technical Sales Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Family: Sales
- The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed jointly by their Geozone Sales VP/Director & the Geozone Business Manager (GBM) for their particular Product Line(s).
- They shall work in conjunction with the GBM who is accountable for the operational execution that delivers the identified revenue.
- The role will be accountable for delivering an accurate revenue and margin forecast based on operational activity and expenditure plans by their customers. This is to be incorporated into the local Account Plan.
- They are responsible for providing a detailed product line strategy document (their input into the Account Plan) which is to be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum. This review will monitor performance and offer early indication of potential revenue gaps that the role will be responsible for addressing accordingly.
- They will offer support to and be supported by the Technical Sales Representatives & Account Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all sales processes; support for all customer engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of the contract review process.
- Quotation generation and tender response is a key job function, as is the generation of commercial strategies for bundling and integrating our services and products.
- They shall, through liaison with GBM, Tech Sales Reps& Account Managers qualify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products & services to both new and existing customers.
- The role proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment but proactively seeks opportunities for X-PL selling and bundling.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred: Degree education in relevant oilfield or technical discipline
- Preferred: Minimum 5 years industry experience in a combination of field and onshore technical support roles, preferably 2 years of sales.
- If no degree qualification then candidate should have at least 10 years industry experience, combination of field and sales experience.
- Candidates should demonstrate that they are commercially astute, have a good understanding of commercial tenders, contracts, high margin / profitability impact and requirements for high quality customer service
Knowledge and Skills:
- Collaborative team player
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and evaluate x-PL opportunities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Weatherford career website on jobs.weatherford.com to apply