Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Reports To: MEAL Manager OFDA
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State.
Job Ref Code: MEO170419
Full JD Link: http://bit.ly/2V5COVx
Under the direction of the MEAL Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for supporting all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post-activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports. The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the MEAL Manager with dotted line to Program Manager.
- Assist Program Managers and MEAL Manager in facilitation of SMILER workshop at the project start-up.
- Conduct regular on-site and post distribution monitoring; post-activity monitoring and Focused Group Discussion to measure the project progress.
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives.
- Conduct Market Price Monitoring in collaboration with the Programs.
- Provide timely analyzed data and report on the monitoring activities and feedback to the programs; and write reports.
- Support the team on the registration, commodity/card distribution and others activity through rigorous monitoring exercise.
- Conduct data validation and verification exercise as necessary.
- Maintain the Indicator Performance Tracking Table and feed the information to programs and MEAL team.
- Facilitate the training of enumerators in the activities such as rapid assessment, registration, survey, baseline/end-line etc.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools before the implementation.
- Establish the database or tracking sheets of project beneficiary and assistance provided and share the information timely with the programs.
- Support the establishment and management of a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Work closely with ICT department and MEAL Manager in tracking IT equipment associated with project use.
- Conduct regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines.
- Identify, document, store and share lessons learned (this includes success story too) that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Ensure ethical and safe collection and storage of data.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree, preferably in statistics, information management, management, social sciences or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in humanitarian or development context.
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access) and software applications.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework.
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Communication skills in Hausa and Kanuri mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to CRS’s values and guiding principles.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel frequently and stay in difficult environments
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: MEAL Officers, MEAL Manager, MEAL Coordinator, MEAL Assistant, Program Officers, Program Manager, Emergency Coordinator, Operations Staff
External: Local partners, Red Rose team, enumerators, external consultants and other key stakeholders
Travel up to 60% of the time as needed.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form using the link in the job description fill and send with a detailed resume as one document in pdf indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant – Borno, PAB181018)
Completed applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for submission is COB (i.e. 5:00pm), April 30, 2019.
Equal Employer Opportunity:
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’