Strategy and Research Officer at VFD Group
Posted on: 18 March, 2019
Deadline: 25 March, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at VFD Group
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria's informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide.
Strategy and Research Officer
- The role will be responsible for business and product strategy for the Group.
- Product Management.
- Business Process Improvement.
- Market Research and Analysis.
- Strategic Business Planning and Process Improvement
- Assist and develop business through strategic initiatives
- Liaise with subsidiary MD’s to ensure timely delivery of performance related deliverables
- Troubleshoot and automate existing operational processes across all subsidiaries.
- Provide and support business improvement
- Drive improvements for business strategy/process and systems
- Evaluate business proposals and provide appropriate recommendations
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for management
- Coordinate key strategy sessions across the group.
- Create product structure for new and existing products
- Define operational processes for all developed products
- Identify associated product risk and appropriate mitigation strategy
- Coordinate all activities required to bring the product to the market
- Identify, setup and manage key business partnerships
- Define requirements for the product feature and the desired user experience.
Market Research and Analysis:
- Conduct business and market research strategy in line with the vision and mission of the group
- Provide valid and reliable market research reports for the group
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Identify and provide insights on new market trends
- Monitor trends, competitor’s activities to identify and synthesis key opportunities and threats within the industry
- Stay abreast of industry development and recommend appropriate improvements for business strategy/process and systems
- Support and assist the Strategy and Business performance officer.
- Other assignment as assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely reports
- Accuracy of reports and analysis
- Number of new initiatives
- Validity of reports on product performance
- B.Sc in Economics or Project Management.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance will be an added advantage
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Forward thinking skills
- Excellent communication and networking Skills
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Project management skills
- Product development and management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to motivate change management.
- Service and goal oriented.
- Innovative and proactive personality.
- Good problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and the internet.
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time and Organisation Management
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.
- Recent Jobs from VFD Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief Compliance Officer at VFD Group
- Compliance Officer at VFD Group
- Know More About VFD GroupSimilar Jobs
- Research Manager at Deloitte
- Manager, Research & International Cooperation (Knowledge & Records Management) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Sales Support Executive/Data Analyst at Ascentech Services Limited
- Research Analyst at CIPM
- Research Officer at Lagos Chambers
- Head, Research & Development at Recore Limited
- Research Assistant at Hazon Holdings
- Field Officer at Polaris Digitech limited