Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Marine ISM and HSE Engineer
Fuction/Domain: Health and Safety
Slot: 2 Openings
- The recent acquisition of two marine assets, FSV Agilis and Ocean Patriot, requires Dangote Industries Limited to organize a Marine Department for the Safe and Efficient management of the new vessels.
- A Marine Assets Manager (MAM) has already been employed who requires the assistance of a Marine ISM and HSE Engineer (MIHE) to work with the MAM to deliver the expected Vessels’ Performance in a safe, timely and systematic manner.
- The MIHE will work with the MAM on the applications for NIMASA flag registration of the new and future vessels and the daily operation of the vessels;
To this effect we have found a suitable candidate who has the relevant marine experience and his job description is as follows:
- The MIHE will assist the MAM on the preparation, revision, implementation and follow up compliance of the ISM code on board all units owned and chartered by Dangote Industries Limited.
- The MIHE will on daily basis follow up the implementation, compliance and enforcement of HSE policies on board company’s owned and chartered vessels as well as on the shore based marine related operations as well as liaison with our marine associates where and when our operations interact with these associates like in the case of INTELS jetty operations, NIMASA and Port State Control (PSC), Class Inspections and others, also pre purchase and pre Hire inspections in combination with the MAM.
- The MIHE will assist the MAM on manning issues as screening and interviewing candidates or different positions on board DIL’s marine assets by assessing and evaluating their safety culture prior joining or being hired and conducting safety inductions as necessary.
- The MIHE will maintain a register of all WAEP, DIL AND Contractor training requirements and identifying training needs and recommendation on all areas of our Marine Department and oilfield assets in conjunction with other company’s safety personnel that could be already on the field.
- The MIHE will conduct audits as and when required; this will include VAIR inspections of all DIL and Contractor vessels.
- Develop Marine asset procedures and update as required by Marine Safety Management.
- Conduct undesired event investigation, Root cause analysis and recommendations to close out.
- The MIHE will assist the Designated Person Ashore (DPA) on preparation, compliance and monitoring of the Planned Maintenance System (PMS); Set up and monitor vendors evaluation and qualification system for the marine department and marine assets.
- The MIHE will work closely with the MAM who is also the Designated Person Ash.
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in a Safety or Technical Engineering field of study, as well as several years of experience managing and working in the field of health and safety.
- Capability to verbally communicate technical matters in a concise manner to different groups.
- Ability to ensure that corrective actions are being met and produce results authoritatively.
- Capacity to multitask several projects at any particular time
- Develop detailed budgets outlining health and safety needs of the company, such required PPE and any maintenance costs of corrective actions.
- Experience in Year(s): 15
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.