Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Business: Oil & Gas
- The Master has overriding authority and responsibility for taking all necessary action for HSE and for the efficient operation of his ship.
- In certain situations, this may mean deviation from documented procedures.
- The safe navigation and operation of the vessel, as well as its seaworthiness and stability.
- Implementing the HSE Policy on board ship.
- Enforcement of Company policies, statutory rules and regulations, local rules and regulations.
- Enforcement of Client's requirements regarding safety and environmental protection.
- Motivation of the crew in observation of these policies, rules and regulations.
- Verification that specific requirements are observed.
- Issuance of appropriate orders in a clear and simple manner.
- Making sure that specific knowledge and experience is communicated to and shared with all people on board.
- Reviewing of the safety management system and reporting its deficiencies to the shore based management.
- Overriding authority and responsibility to make decisions with respect to the safety and health of life, safety of the ship and the protection of the environment and to request the Company's assistance as may be necessary.
- Effective authority and responsibilities resulting from the Company HSEQ Management and vessel Documentation System.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.