Chief Engineer at Dangote
Posted on: 14 March, 2019
Deadline: 20 March, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dangote
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality. Our operational headquarters is located the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria. Dangote Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Flour Milling, Manufacturing of Pasta (Spaghetti & Macaroni), Operation of Cement Terminals, Port Operations, Noodles Manufacturing, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Business: Oil & Gas
- The Chief Engineer of Company managed vessels are responsible for the following actions with respect to the requirements of the ISM Code, Company Objectives and Policy
- Chief engineer shall ensure that all the ship's machinery and equipment are working in an efficient manner in order to support safe navigation of the ship.
- He should carry out all his duties while complying with the rules and regulations laid down by the flag state administration, IMO, and port state authorities.
- Frequent inspections of equipment dealing with ship and personal safety must be carried out by him at regular intervals of time.
- All items used for pollution prevention should be frequently checked and tried out for proper operating condition
- Chief engineer should lay down a set of standing orders for each crew member under his command.
- The standing orders should be given in accordance with the routine maintenance schedule as laid down by the Planned Maintenance System (PMS), which is prescribed by the manufactures
- He should see that details of every operation and activity should be properly maintained in log and record books, which state the compliance of the system.
- Life-saving and fire preventing equipment should be checked a regular basis for their operating condition. (Operating mechanism and linkages should be inspected and lubricated frequently).
- In order to minimize sources of fire, chief engineer must ensure that proper operation and maintenance of fuel and lubricating oil and purifying equipment is carried out to minimize leakage. In case there are leakages, they should be rectified at the earliest.
- He should also make sure that the amount of waste oil that is collected should be as less as possible. The collected oil should be burnt in an incinerator or given to shore-based collecting facilities.
- Chief engineer should ensure that the maintenance of incinerator is carried out as per the rules and regulations laid down by the management.
- It is imperative of him to check that from the effluent mixture, only clean water is pumped out of the ship only through an oily water separator.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Dangote
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Property Portfolio and Development Manager at Dangote
- Chief Cook at Dangote
- Captain at Dangote
- Chief Officer at Dangote
- Engineer Officer of the Watch at Dangote
- Engine Rating Oiler at Dangote
- Able Bodied Seaman at Dangote
- Marine ISM and HSE Engineer at Dangote
- Know More About DangoteSimilar Jobs
- Technical Services Manager at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Cold End Fitter at BP Business Solutions
- Electricians at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy
- Lead Project Management Specialist at Baker Hughes
- Technical Assistant at United Nations
- Concrete / Bridge Construction Polishing Engineer at Julius Berger
- Toppolier Concrete / Bridge Construction Engineer at Julius Berger
- WASH Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International