BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 13 March, 2019
Deadline: 22 March, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation.
BSWA Construction Lead-FPSO
Ref Id: 103272BR
Skillpool: Project Engineering
- The position holder will have overall accountability to plan, organise, develop and lead the FPSO Construction team of a large and complex deepwater project to implement the project Construction Management Plan, providing appropriate control and assurance over EPC Contractors’ FPSO construction activities.
- The position would ensure that all construction and pre-commissioning activities are executed safely, on schedule, within budget and to the specifications and quality standards defined for the project.
The deliverables for the position include:
- Act as the champion for HSE in FPSO Construction ensuring that Company is highly visible at all times on site, providing ‘seen and felt’ pro-active HSE leadership from the start of execution.
- Provide Construction execution philosophy and knowledge to all of the critical early project execution deliverables.
- Conduct constructability and safety reviews during detailed design of the facilities, and also during construction.
- Drive implementation of IOGP Construction Site Safety Standardisation (CSSS) at Contractors fabrication and construction sites
- Communicate project priorities and strategies to Construction Organization.
- Support, review and approve the evaluation and selection of EPC sub-contractors and suppliers to execute parts of the required construction scope.
- Resource, develop and set up the Project Team FPSO construction site offices. These are expected to be located both in-country and out of country.
- Manage the timely mobilization and on-boarding of all Company personnel required to execute the scope, ensuring that roles and objectives are clear to all personnel and that everyone is properly inducted with site policies and procedures prior to starting work at site.
- Prepare for and manage the integration of the Hull and Topsides.
- Prior to start of work, develop with the EPC contractor a gap assessment of their proposed FPSO construction facilities, workforce, and competencies, and agree a plan for implementing necessary upgrades and training to meet the required project requirements.
- Refine and implement strategies to enable effective construction execution, including standard processes and tools, Project Controls and Assurance Plan, and assurance/quality processes.
- Support, review and approve the development of realistic construction schedules, materials take-off estimates, cost estimates, manpower levels prepared by EPC Contractors.
- Monitor construction progress and ensure accurate progress reporting and analysis as required by different stakeholders in a timely manner, highlighting and resolving issues which could impact on quality, cost, schedule and/or HSE matters
- Ensure that EPC contractors deliver Nigerian Content in line with their plan and provide pro-active support to help address and resolve potential issues early.
- Ensure technical integrity is established and maintained through Technical Authorities (TAs).
- Maintain links with other ongoing major projects construction teams, Company projects organisations and with the project unit partners to drive learnings, modularization, standardization, repeatability, common processes, and the leveraging of resources in design and execution.
- The position will appeal to persons who have previously had overall responsibility for the fabrication and construction of large and complex oil and gas facilities for offshore applications.
- The position holder should have a degree in Engineering and at least 15+ years of experience in constructing offshore projects, preferably deepwater (detail design, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up).
- Skilled in application of industry codes and standards
- Strong knowledge of FPSO systems including interface with Subsea and Pipelines.
- Strong HSE commitment and demonstrated HSE leadership skills.
- Significant experience with FPSO and Topsides construction management.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Experience in managing contractors under major EPC Contracts.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work across organisational boundaries.
- Ability to work with and influence multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, Company management and Stakeholder management.
- Ability to deal with substantial uncertainty and multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities while staying focused on delivery. Provides clear and decisive leadership in an environment of many competing priorities and diverse activities and issues.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Materials and Corrosion Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Project Control and Performance Assurance at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Flow Assurance Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- SURF Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- FPSO Supply Chain Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Distribution Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Principal Subsea Controls Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Estimating and Assurance Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Integrated Planning and Strategy Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Process Engineering Lead at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Supply Chain Lead - Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Auto Workshop Operations Manager at Motorways Mazel
- Electrical Technicians at GZ Industries
- Projectionist at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited
- Electrical Engineer at Aldelia Limited
- Drill Team Quality Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Geophysical Quality Control at Sellafield Energy
- Drilling Logistics Supervisor at Sellafield Energy
- Offshore Operations Lead at Sellafield Energy