Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Posted on: 11 February, 2019
Deadline: 22 February, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people.
Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead
Job type: Permanent
- This role is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs to develop and maintain our client’s business intelligence, EDW and MDM platforms. The team encompasses all disciplines required to deliver data and analytics solutions for our clients, including project managers, business analysts, data scientists, statisticians, RPA experts, software engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers.
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse Technical Lead will be primarily responsible for implementing ETL processes using SSIS, to populate Kimball style star schemas using a variety of source data into the enterprise data warehouse.
- The candidate will have a deep understanding of both OLTP and star schemas, with all associated ETL constructs to effectively manage facts and dimensions.
- The resulting ETL processes should be scalable, efficient, audited and as re-usable as possible. This role should also be able to assess data quality and auditability of the overall flow.
- Within EDW domain, the Technical Lead will work with the EDW Business / Data Analyst to understand requirements, but also requires additional mastery of Business Intelligence concepts that support analytics, KPIs, metrics, dimensions, attributes and business processes (including but not limited to, those that ultimately are delivered as reports and data interfaces).
- Proficiency in the implementation of additional complex calculations and Big Data type of challenges is a must.
- The EDW Technical Lead must have significant experience in stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully manage the customer and stakeholders.
- Develop, design, tune and maintain SSIS packages to perform the ETL process.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to be used during the ETL process.
- Designs, builds and maintains data warehouse solutions to support Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting projects using any of Cognos, Tableau, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server or similar.
- Defines policies, procedures, and governance for the data warehouse/platform that is aligned with the overall BI strategy and requirements to ensure consistent use of data architecture standards and business definitions.
- Designs and builds conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data models and third normal form artifacts.
- Develop, document, and implement data models, processes, and mappings for ETL Implementations (OLTP and OLAP systems).
- Supports new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure. Develops processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components.
- Translates user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan. Provide hands-on development of solutions; and supports the analysis and discovery processes.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in data warehouse concepts (star schema, snowflake schemas, and normalized and de-normalized data models). Analyzes performance statistics, security, and recommends improvements.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior developers in best practices in Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse Design, ETL, and query design.
- Perform data profiling and source to target mappings (while capturing ETL and business metadata).
- Write scripts for automated testing of data in the target facts and dimensions.
- Capture audit information during all phases of the ETL process.
- Write and maintain documentation of the ETL processes via process flow diagrams.
- Conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Be able to implement slowly changing dimensions as well as transaction, accumulating snapshot, and periodic snapshot fact tables.
- Expected to act independently to deliver appropriate program/project requirements to schedule, budget and scope
- Leads one or more team members consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups; may need to supervise staff and assign responsibility to other team members; monitors progress as per documented scope
- Coaches, mentors and supports less experienced developers
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- 3-6 years of experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server).
- 3-5 years of experience with SSIS or other similar ETL tool
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- Work experience in a global role, preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Dimensional modeling experience preferably with a modeling tool in order to interact effectively with the Data Architect/Engineer
- ETL using tools such as SSIS or other and highly skilled in SQL development
- Other development complementary tools are a plus (C++)
- Strong communication skills
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement
- Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Financial Services Risk and Regulation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Internal Audit Senior Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Internal Audit Manager (Technology) at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Financial Services Risk & Regulation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Robotic Process Automation - Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Senior Data Scientist at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Know More About PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Web Developer at MyJobMag Limited
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Developer at Veripark Software Solutions
- IT Outsourcing Supervisor at Netcom Africa
- Analyst, NOC Optimization at IHS Towers
- Senior Information Communication Technology Associate, GS-7 at UNICEF
- Data Officer at Sightsavers
- Software Developer at eHealth Systems Africa
- Senior Software Developer (Geospatial) at eHealth Systems Africa