Parts Store Supervisor at Twin Star Industries Limited
Posted on: 8 February, 2019
Deadline: 28 February, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Twin Star Industries Limited
Twinstar Industries - A leading plastic manufacturing company, based in Sango-Otta, Ogun State requires qualified and cost-conscious professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Parts Store Supervisor
Reporting To: HOD Store
- We are searching for an organized and detail-oriented Spare Part storekeeper to supervise and direct the activities of lower-level staff responsible for warehouse activities
- The work requires knowledge of methods and procedures related to the receipt, storage, and requisitions of supplies and materials, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures
- The employee plans and lays out his/her own work assignments and the work of other warehouse personnel, and reviews work performance and products to ensure conformance with established methods, practices, and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have a thorough insight of plastic producing machine and must have a working knowledge of which parts are most needed for specific machines.
- Must have business savvy, as the parts department is an important source of profit for the company
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Determines items and quantities of stock to be purchased and maintained.
- Controls the disbursement of supplies and material through directing the posting of inventory control cards or automated systems.
- Inspects items as to quality and quantity against freight documents.
- Resolves discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders, and delivery reports by contacting vendors or requesters.
- Stocks materials according to a prescribed inventory system.
- Counts, weighs, and measures goods received or issued.
- Directs the maintenance and operation of gas, electric, or hand operated stores equipment.
- Establishes standards and methods for packaging and storing supplies and materials.
- Estimates cost and assigns account codes to items purchased.
- Unpacks incoming goods and wraps and packs outgoing goods.
- Unloads materials from trucks by hand or with hand operated or motorized equipment.
- Maintains catalogs of available stock items.
- Prepares and files complaints on unsatisfactory shipments.
- Selects, administers, and documents progressive and corrective disciplinary measures.
- Plans and conducts in-service training programs for employees.
- Attends meetings with vendors and suppliers.
- Supervises and participates in recycling of paper, plastic, wastes etc
- Opens, timestamps, separates, and distributes incoming mail in a mail/stores room.
- May occasionally perform any task assigned to subordinate staff, consistent with any licensing or certification requirements.
- Performs related work as assigned
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
Qualifications and Skills
- OND in relevant discipline with at least 3 years relevant experience storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
- Must be computer literate and have Microsoft office knowledge
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to safely and legally operate a forklift
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry heavy materials
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their Applications and Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Twin Star Industries Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Production Officer (PET Blow) at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Quality Control Shift Checker at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Quality Control Officer at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Quality Control Supervisor at Twin Star Industries Limited
- Know More About Twin Star Industries LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Procurement Assistant at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Warehouse Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Store Inventory Officer at Egbin Power Plc
- Warehouse Picker at Bridge International Academies
- Store Keeper at Winco Foam Industries Limited
- Inventory Manager at GreenKey Facility Management
- Strategic Buyer at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- Stock Controller at Viva Cinemas