Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening ...
Read more about this company
Reports To: Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation, Global Fund Malaria
Job Ref Code: MES230119
The MEAL Specialist will be responsible for collating and archiving of all activity reports and other relevant documents for the GF Malaria MEAL team, including quarterly service data and progress reports from the SRs and logistics data from the Supply Chain Unit. S/he will review the SR submissions prior to analysis by the Senior Manager, MEAL and will follow up with the SRs to track the resolution of identified data quality issues. S/he will analyze data periodically and flag action areas to the Senior Manager, MEAL. The MEAL Specialist will support the GF Malaria MEAL team with the preparation for Quarterly Review Meetings, and collation of data for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); s/he will support the M&E team in planning for all MEAL activities while tracking spending per budget line to support budget variance analyses for MEAL activities. S/he will be responsible for collating feedback log sheets from ACOMIN and submitting same to the Country Program.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Review sub recipients (SRs) submissions prior to analysis by the Senior Manager, MEAL and follow up with the SRs MEAL staff to track and resolve identified data quality issues
- Collate and archive all activity reports and other relevant documents for the M&E team
- Support preparation of Progress Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) in collaboration with other program staff for submission to GF and NMEP
- Work with the Senior Manager, MEAL to ensure that the GF Malaria grant aligns with relevant CRS MEAL Policies and Procedures (MPP)
- Support the Senior MEAL Specialist in planning for all MEAL activities while tracking budget expenditures for burn rate analysis
- Work with the Supply Chain Management Unit to triangulate and analyze service and logistic data and make recommendations to the Senior Manager, MEAL
- Conduct regular field supervisory visits, data quality assessments and other activities with PRs, SRs and government partners in line with approved Detailed Implementation Plans
- Support in tracking and collating of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Support the use of ICT4D and roll out of CRS’ CAT strategy to support LLIN mass campaigns at national and state level and any other assigned duties.
- Collate feedback log sheets from Civil Society Organizations from project-supported states for submission to the CRS Country Program
- Support Civil Society Organizations to develop and implement feedback and response channels to reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries
- With oversight from Senior Manager, MEAL, ensure that M&E and Program teams regularly review and adjust project implementation plans in the light of lessons learned from monitoring data and reflection sessions
- Support learning-to-action events and reflection sessions to systematically analyze data for programmatic use, and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and implementation
- Conduct regular data review and analysis for feedback to SRs and states for program improvement, and for updates to national level (CRS and government).
- Work with Senior Manager, MEAL to periodically analyze available data using appropriate analytical tools to produce reports
- Generate knowledge management products including documentation of lessons learned, abstracts, posters, success stories, etc. from project implementation
- Actively participate in the M&E Community of Practice with other CRS, SRs and government M&E staff.
- Support knowledge management systems and practices to gather, document and share best practices with SRs, government and technical partners.
- Represent CRS at relevant technical working groups, sectoral meetings and coordination forums, as directed by Senior Manager, MEAL.
- With oversight from Senior Manager, MEAL, liaise with technical counterparts in the Federal and State Ministries of Health and other stakeholders engaged in malaria activities across Nigeria.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in a field related to Public Health, International Development, Statistics or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant post NYSC experience in monitoring and evaluating health programs in a developing country
- Knowledge of national health management information systems, strategies and tools in Nigeria; familiarity with DHIS2.0 platform is essential.
- Experience in data analysis; proficient knowledge of SPSS, STATA or other statistical package is an advantage
- Experience of conducting and publishing quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills especially with the use of data and evidence to influence action
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Familiarity with beneficiary accountability mechanisms is an advantage
- Ability to perform under fast-paced and flexible working conditions
- Ability to work both in a team and independently with ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Excellent report writing and oral/written communication skills in English Language
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly and at short notices
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Directors for PQ and MQ
External: GF CT, NMEP, Sub-Recipients (SFH, MSH, MC),State Ministries of Health (SMOH), Technical and Financial Partners, LGA personnel, Health Facility staff
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form using the link (https://bit.ly/2B9iJB9), fill and send with a detailed resume as one document in PDF indicating position applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. MEAL Specialist MES230119).
Completed applications are to be sent to email@example.com Deadline for submission is COB (i.e. 5:00pm) – February 5, 2019
Equal Employer Opportunity:
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable
adults from abuse and exploitation’’