Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Job ID: 94785
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family: Project Management
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
- The Site Manager is required to manage a Long Term Service Contract at designated customer sites
- The Site Manager will be responsible for the execution of the contract requirements and streamline communications between Client’s organization and Company and all of its associated parties.
- The Site Manager will be the single point of contact for all technical and commercial performance matters and responsible for the overall performance of the contract including maintaining and tracking KPIs, contract value assessments and all required reports.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- The Site Manager will have a comprehensive understanding of gas turbines especially Siemens SGT 600, RB211 and Compressor packages (Covered Equipment)
- High level of competence regarding operation, maintenance and design of gas turbine-driven compressor packages
- Good technical knowledge of operation and maintenance of all specific COVERED EQUIPMENT and package auxiliary components.
- Knowledge of equipment operating limits and understanding of associated risks
- Can effectively guide in troubleshooting all COVERED EQUIPMENT and guide technical actions of execution team. Can assign resources for technical support
- Understands reliability and availability definitions and can use appropriate Operational Reliability and Availability Program for data analysis
- Ability to interrogate Siemens control systems and interpret alarm logs
- General familiarity with oil and gas industry
- Ability to manage multiple issues and activities simultaneously including all technical issues between Client and Company
- Understanding of Company technical offerings and ability to provide recommendations on solutions and potential cost
- Experience managing RCFAs using the appropriate RCA method
- Understands Siemens product support structure including regional and global support capabilities and points of contact throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of Company issue management processes (Resolve Customer Issue – RCI)
Maintenance Management Requirements:
- Coordinate outage planning for all maintenance intervention such as identify resources, spares & tools and work closely with Client Maintenance Team
- Relevant experience with design, maintenance or operation of Siemens supplied equipment to allow for understanding of the package and component requirements
- Understands Company service bulletin process and ability to assess applicability to Client fleet and criticality
- Understands Company process for outage planning and ability to drive compliance with outage planning milestones
- Ability to assist Client to understand operational risks by gathering and explaining technical basis or historical precedents to support decision making process.
- Familiar with Company recommended maintenance scope and rationale
- Drives safety culture within the execution team through visible participation in Client’s safety programs and site audits during work execution
- Clearly understands the contract and is committed to meeting the objectives
- Able to supervise all personnel provided by the contract and ultimately responsible for results.
- Able to address performance problems with personnel and remove obstacles for success.
- Capable of navigating Client organization and clear on who to contact when issues require escalation
- Capable of managing issues with Client at all levels (and communicating at all levels)
- Willing to understand Client Production Operations to provide recommendations that are aligned with business objectives
- Responsible for meeting all reporting requirements associated with the contract.
- Responsible for HSE Compliance and Response
- Liaises with Client contract lead to ensure Field Service Engineers are mobilized to proper locations for operational support and maintenance
- Reviews procedures on a regular basis – ensures all are “fit for purpose” – involving all the concerned parties
What do I need to qualify?
- Bachelor's degree minimum, preferably in Engineering discipline.
- Managed a large team of different skills and abilities i.e.) trades, professionals, admin support staff, etc.
- 10 years of related industry experience required with a degree; 15 years with a technical diploma
- Demonstrates ability to utilize problem solving tools for complex issues
- Makes decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, MS Office, Explorer and Adobe Acrobat, CMMS, ORAP, SAP)
- Ability to work in Client location on 28/28 days rotation
- Ability to travel to offshore locations by helicopter on short notice, having the necessary offshore safety certifications
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Siemens career website on jobs.siemens-info.com to apply