FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Comms and Reporting Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- Under direct guidance of the Response Coordinator and collaboration with the Integrated Humanitarian Assistance to Northeast Nigeria II team, the Communications & Reporting Coordinator will be responsible for timely and quality humanitarian program reporting, new business/proposal opportunities and proposal modification as well as external communications for northeast projects
- The position will ensure collaboration with sector leads and field sites to continuously improve upon and deliver timely reports based on quality data
- This work includes frequent updating and cross-checking of the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) against reported updates to ensure proactive and thorough project activity follow up
- Finally, the Coordinator will build the capacity of field teams to produce quality reports and data, compliant to organizational and donor requirements.
- Prepares quality and timely reports summarizing project results in accordance with organizational and donor standards.
- Works with M&E/Reporting staff in each site to ensure that performance information is collected in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
- Conducts workshops with field staff to ensure exceptional quality of program reports.
- Liaise with FHI 360’s Communications Department (HQ and Country Office) to develop, maintain and adapt as necessary a program communication strategy which includes the production of communication materials such as newsletters, program updates, success stories, briefing papers and situational reports.
- Ensure the update and design of in-country communication, visibility tools and publications, their dissemination and availability to field teams, as well as the management of photos and other media from field sites
- Regularly updates the DIP in collaboration with the sector leads; and cross-checks information against reporting
- Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners throughout the northeast region and in Nigeria country office.
- Documents lessons learned quarterly and presents them internally with M&E staff to inform program decisions and initiatives.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by working with technical staff and M&E team and documenting processes.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of writing, editing, and publications experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills as well as familiarity with fundamentals of external communication in a humanitarian context are essential
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Ability to provide clear messages on complex issues
- Must be articulate, professional and able to adjust communication methods based on the audience
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Method of Application
Note: This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 career website on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply