Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an independent, non-profit organization (NGO), founded on the basis of humanitarian principles, and human rights based approach, to secure the protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promote long-term solutions to the problems of forced displacement.
Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- The Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse will report directly to the Supply Chain Team Leader. She/he must be able to manage a local emergency stockpile and goods consolidation point in order to permit the rapid movement of DRC/DDG humanitarian supplies. Design and implement warehouse management and commodity tracking system especially for food commodities. The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Participate in field-level program planning formulation and advice on warehouse considerations.
- Relating with Log Sector warehouse in Maiduguri.
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of new initiatives and procedures related to warehouse management
- Interface with DRC Food Security and warehouse teams to ensure timely provision of monthly stock reports.
- Implement standard DRC warehouse management procedures and guidelines as applicable in the Warehouse Management Handbook.
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national level in supply chain with focus of warehousing.
- Varied supply/logistics functional background ranging from Inventory and warehousing to transport management and distribution to beneficiaries an asset,
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Ability to multitask and work comfortably under pressure
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Knowledge in Hausa/Kanuri desirable.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented.
- Availability: 28/01/2019
- Salary and conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- Kindly note that DRC/DDG Nigeria reserves the right to recruit before the end of the posting period.
- DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.