Cost Analyst at Afordonz Consulting
Posted on: 8 January, 2019
Deadline: 15 January, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Afordonz Consulting
Afordonz Consulting Limited - Our client specializes in facilities management and is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- Cost analysts evaluate expenses for an organization’s departments and projects
- He digs into financial numbers, figuring out ways to reduce inefficiencies and decrease costs
- He also keeps his eyes on the big picture to understand how markets are performing in their industry
- He contributes to help secure their future. Cost analysts play a vital role in determining whether their company is ready for growth, whether it can invest in a new project, hire employees, or afford to stay in operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cost Analysis & Testing:
- The cost analyst is responsible for running a large number of tests on company data
- He will analyze these tests to offer specific answers to problems, such as the most profitable plan for a building project or the cost-effectiveness of current operational activities
- He performs deep data analysis to complete a wide variety of mathematical solutions. His cost analysis includes potential pricing model changes, new business models, and more.
Market Analysis and Research:
- The Cost analysts would carry out market research, keeping his eyes on the entire market, studying it deeply
- He will use financial software to analyze and track organizational expenses
- He will research the costs of fellow competitors.
Creating Cost Reduction Plans and Reports:
- The cost analyst will crunch numbers, write reports, and provide suggestions for money-saving strategies, documenting his findings in written plans
- His reports are essential to creating more cost-efficient processes within businesses
- The data he provides can determine whether a business’s new undertaking is a yes or a no from a cost perspective.
Lead Cost Management Policy:
- The cost analyst acts as a liaison between the accounting department, customers, project engineers, managers, and whoever might be involved in the finances of an endeavor
- He prepares various charts and graphs to help others understand the company’s financial status
- He provides reviews and comments to ensure the accuracy of expense related documents
- The cost analyst also supports the business’s success by giving senior managers recommendations concerning financial policy and expense management.
Oversee Daily Expenses:
- Many cost analysts perform daily accounting or bookkeeping duties. They may approve and administer invoice payments to outside vendors and suppliers
- Costs analysts tabulate daily performance reports, often reviewing these assessments with project stakeholders to monitor costs and keep them in line with the original budget
- Depending on the size of the organization, a single analyst can oversee all expense monitoring for a company or conduct analysis for a single project or department.
- Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Management Sciences (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration) or Engineering plus a Postgraduate Business Degree.
Skills and Experience:
- Statistical data analysis – to interpret company performance data in light of industry statistics
- Operational analysis – reducing operational costs, including inventory valuation, product costs, overhead and direct labor costs, etc. is a cost analyst’s primary responsibility
- Costing methodology – to determine whether a company is properly using its resources
- Mathematical problem-solving – cost analysts need proven analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills to accomplish their job successfully
- Accounting – basic knowledge of accounting and financial analysis is needed to make cost-benefit analysis decisions
- Writing skills – analysts must translate complex financial information into simple reports that managers and non-technical employees can easily understand
- Communication skills – sharing difficult information and shedding light on harsh realities with clarity and tact is a significant part of a cost analysts’ job
- Organizational skills – cost analysts must be able to effectively prioritize many different tasks and sources of data to complete their job
- Cost analysts must have advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Data mining and analysis software, and Enterprise resource planning software.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their detailed & recent CV to: email@example.com Use the job title as the subject of your mail.
- Know More About Afordonz ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Accounts Manager at ValueFronteira Limited
- Group Finance Controller at ValueFronteira Limited
- Cashier at Solidarites International
- Lease Marketing Officer at Kloverharris Limited
- Accountant at God Is Good Motors - GIGM
- Hotel Accountant at Temp A Staff
- Accountant at Kizito Maritime Agencies Limited
- Investor Relations Officer at VFD Group