GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Regional Security Director
Locations: Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa; Johannesburg
Job Function: Security
Business Segment: Healthcare Headquarters
- The Regional Security and Crisis Leader, will be responsible for meeting company-wide security risk and crisis management objectives.
- The Regional Security Director, within their geographic area of responsibility, will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of security and crisis management for GE Healthcare. One per Region; Regions of focus: MENAT, Europe, LatAm, in GE Healthcare locations preferred.
- This role is required as part of the effort in setting GE Healthcare up as a standalone company.
- Provide oversight and leadership on security-related activities as the primary security focal-point for the region and the business leadership.
- Participate as an active member of the GEHC Global Security Operations team.
- Provide general oversight of and guidance on the security operations for GEHC sites, to include advising on guard services, access control, crisis management and business continuity.
- Undertake security missions and crisis management support roles and providing security support for special events as required and/or directed by the GEHC Global Security Operations.
- Carry out and monitoring training exercises relevant to security situations and to ensure business continuity plans adequately address threat counter-measures.
- Build and maintain an effective working relationship with key law enforcement and security agencies and professional security organizations.
- Promote awareness of security-related GEHC policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor national and international events in order to assess security-related trends and implications on GEHC business operations and staff within the region.
- Keep abreast of relevant travel security risk as well as provide oversight of travel security support activities, i.e., escorts, meet and greet, etc.
- Identify and address pertinent statutory and regulatory security requirements in the region.
- Provide site readiness and security-related statistical information and yearly progress to the GEHC Global Security Operations.
- Conduct security audits & inspections of GEHC facilities. Participate in other GEHC EAGM audits and inspections as required by the GEHC Global Security Operations.
- Analyze the potential security risk with regards to newly acquired businesses and implementing GEHC security policies and processes in these businesses.
- Provide GEHC regional business leaders with technical knowledge and assist in coordinating vendors with field locations on proposed security-related major budget expenses.
- Conduct comprehensive risk and site vulnerability assessments to identify deficiencies and provide recommendations for the protection of employees and to prevent financial loss, damage, or business interruptions.
- Partnering with IT, ensure company confidential information/intellectual property are properly protected
- Assist in coordinating the installation or replacement of security systems at GEHC facilities to ensure compatibility and continuity of systems and applications.
- Establish procedures for the operation of facilities electronic ID and access security system. In conjunction with local Facilities Management, implementing and ensuring ongoing maintenance of control processes to ensure appropriate security systems and procedures are in place and maintained at all sites with area of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of GEHC security policies, guidelines, best practices and procedures and common security arrangements.
- Assisting GEHC regional business and site leaders in performing security risk assessments based on vulnerability criteria to help determine appropriate levels of protection and security necessary for sites. Formulate appropriate security risk/mitigation measures. Advise the respective site leaders on resource requirements for security processes, manpower and new or replacement equipment.
- Conduct comprehensive reviews and analysis of GEHC facility security plans for compliance with existing GEHC policies and procedures.
- Receive and evaluate information on security-related adverse incidents and make recommendations to preclude recurrence.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in experience, preferably in Public Security Management.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in multinational companies.
- Strategic thinking, good team player, good people management skills with remote sites.
- Familiarity with guarding management and security systems, such as access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms.
- Familiarity with public security laws and regulations.
- Good relationship with authorities is a plus.
- Has experience of cooperation with company legal and company management team.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to execution.
- Able to work effectively across multiple cultures and time zones
- Willing to extensive travelling domestically and internationally.
- Keep abreast of relevant security industry standards, incoming security-related correspondence as well as monitor national and international events in order to assess their security-related trends and implications on GEHC EAGM business operations and staff within the region.
- Ensure the reporting of all incidents involving crime, security violations, critical security intelligence and incident trends via GEHC reporting system, review incoming reports and provide guidance to close incidents.
- Conduct internal investigations on criminal activity, security violations and special investigations in concurrence with the legal and human resources departments.
- Manage security and crisis issues and support country disaster preparedness and recovery activities for natural disasters, such as hurricanes and earthquakes for all GEHC sites in the region according to global security/crisis management requirements,
- Responsible for business continuity support, working with related functions, such as material team, logistics, production team and IT/IT Infrastructure team to create BCP (business continuity plan) to mitigate impacts from different circumstances.
- Ensure that all necessary sites in the region have Business Continuity Plans in place.
- Ensure there are country level crisis plan to provide an established and validated process to limit the intensity of a negative threat or event to GE Healthcare’s employees, products, services, financial condition and reputation within the area.
- Develop exercise simulation scenarios to test the various country and site crisis plans. Identify and propose gap resolutions for local crisis plans. Audit and drive to closure.
- As appropriate, provide region SCM metrics to GEHC Global SCM team.
- Extensive and proven leadership experience
- Strategic thinker; proven ability to anticipate and resolve complicated issues
- Proven project management skills (multi-faceted & complex projects) with ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results on time
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong ownership & accountability, with a proven track record of execution
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills; effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions
- Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve those; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Has cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms and experience of leading a culturally diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of organization
- Good understanding of HR considerations in respect of hiring, onboarding, managing attrition as well as European & local works council regulations
- Shared services experience or solid understanding of shared services dynamics
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within Sourcing function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in a simple to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.Other: Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
- Lead the development and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
- Language: American English; Multilingual is a plus
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.