Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Technical Information and Data Management Specialist
Requisition code: NG159965
Direct Report: Chief of Party
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector. Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The ICT expert will undertake a review of the overall ICT activities of Abuja and Eko Discos and to comment on the effectiveness of the interventions recommended under the Power Africa PATRP program.
- The ICT Consultant will produce a comprehensive report detailing his/her findings from the reviews conducted.
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the ICT systems currently being used by AEDC and Eko. This review should include both centralized and decentralized “stand alone” systems.
- Review the discos plans for the implementation of new systems.
- Review the current organizational structure of each ICT Department together with any planned changes.
- Review safety/security protocols including, but not limited to, prevention of unauthorized access and system backup procedures.
- Review the disco’s approach to the procurement of both hardware and software. Does the disco have a standardized approach to the purchase of hardware and software?
- Review the Disco Transition Plan produced under the Power Africa PATRP project and determine the level of implementation of this plan in respect to recommendations relating to the ICT function.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 6 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 10 years of experience.
- Must be very security conscious and do all it takes to avoid sensitive data falling into wrong hands.
- Ability to effectively handle stress, pressures, and challenges.
- Ability to listen to his team members and communicate instructions effectively.
- Ability to lead, direct and control team members.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs at the same time.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to always pay attention to details and encourage team members to do same.
- Ability to take proactive steps in managing problems.
- Have in-depth knowledge of management goals and visions and work in line with team members to achieve them.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should send their Applications to: email@example.com