The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Research and Development Manager
Organization: NASCON Allied industries Plc
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for designing and developing new products and driving innovation to enhance existing products according to NASCON product roadmap
- Development of growth strategies that increase market share and the brands reputation.
- Responsible for developing new products and driving innovation to enhance existing product
- Maximizes product profitability and improve product performance
- Assure competitiveness and innovation of products and processes from a technological and design standpoint
- Comply with all relevant and required regulations/norms/standards
- Work closely with product managers to ensure customer focus and target costing; co-develop product roadmaps
- Coordinate with product development managers in defining the right allocation of the resources
- Conduct market surveys and analyze report
- Deploy strategies in testing and assessing product’s acceptability
- Keeps abreast of current trends, practices, development and regulatory changes which would impact product or formulation.
- B.Sc Degree, or M.Sc Degree in Food Science, Food Technology. Food Chemistry or equivalent Degree.
- Minimum of 5-8 years cognate experience in Research & Development within the food industry.
- Experience with retail or food science manufacturer.
- Extensive experience in working directly with manufacturing facilities.
- Relevant professional certification in Food Science is an added advantage.
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Project management skill
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com