Secondary Portfolio Manager at ARM Life Plc
Posted on: 6 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at ARM Life Plc
ARM Life is the Insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
Secondary Portfolio Manager
- The primary job function will entail supporting primary portfolio managers to manage assigned portfolios in line with their investment policies and relevant regulatory frameworks
- The Secondary Portfolio Manager will rely on research output from internal and external analysts to develop actionable investment ideas
- This may involve performing fundamental analysis and building proprietary models and so on
- He/She will be assigned portfolios to manage in a secondary capacity wherein they will make investment recommendations to the PPM for approval as well as effectively maintaining administrative oversight for the portfolios.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide in-depth fundamental/technical research and make relevant investment recommendations.
- Actively participate during market trading hours seeking profitable opportunities and achieving best execution for agreed investment actions.
- Ensure error free portfolio administration as well as regular/timely documentation of transactions.
- Preparing and making regular presentations on the economy, industry trends, portfolio performance and market outlook to Executive Management, Investment Management Committee, Board of Trustees, General Staff etc.
- Develop policy portfolios taking into account relevant constraints and market themes that will result in funds under management meeting their long-term investment objectives.
- Ensure portfolio compliance with stipulated guidelines and regulations
- Always ensure the report requirements to regulators and other stakeholders are timely.
- Working closely and supporting business development team on client relationships and achieving business strategic objectives.
- Minimum of B.Sc/M.Sc qualification
- The candidate should have excellent modeling, writing, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in the use of Bloomberg will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the local and global financial service industry dynamics including regulations, legislation and operating environment.
- Understanding of non-bank financial service operations, policies and procedures.
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger and financial reporting software (Bloomberg, Reuters, Hi-port etc.).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from ARM Life Plc
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Regional Head, Business Development at ARM Life Plc
- Know More About ARM Life PlcSimilar Jobs
- Sales Attendants at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- Retail Business Consultant at Aldelia Limited
- Regional Sales Manager at Oscar Temple
- Head of Regional Sales at Oscar Temple
- Director of Sales at Oscar Temple
- Business Development Manager at Travel Designer Group
- Business Development Officer at Synapse Resource Center
- Marketing Specialist at Biogenerics Nigeria Limited