IT Support Engineer (Freelance) at Tros Technologies
Posted on: 4 December, 2018
Deadline: 21 December, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Tros Technologies
Tros Technologies is a provider of a wide range of IT services and solutions in Nigeria. Through excellent technical capabilities, we deliver world class end-to-end technology-led business solutions to clients nationwide.
IT Support Engineer (Freelance)
- The IT Support Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining clients IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
- The IT Support Engineer is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the outsourced IT services offered to the company’s various clients.
- The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager.
- The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
- The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Manager
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Responsible for managing backups
- Provide desktop and server support
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied and kept up to date on desktops and laptops
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Completing internal user moves including phones and PABX configuration
- Patching of network and phones
- Making of Cat 5 e network cables were necessary
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
- Ensuring all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for MAC and PC
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years experience in an IT support environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and extensive customer facing experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Proficient use of PC hardware and software (MS Office suite of applications).
- Proficient in the use of internet for communication and research
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV with applied position as subject of the mail to: email@example.com
- Know More About Tros TechnologiesSimilar Jobs
- BTL Graphic Designer at Temp A Staff
- Graphics Designer at Redwire Marketing Consulting
- Software Developer/Technical Support at Tezza Business Solutions Ltd
- ICT Support Officer at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- O365 Consultant at Microsoft
- Information Technology Manager at Prudential Mortgage Bank
- Computer Operator at Inspire Vocational Academies
- Wireless Network Product Manager at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.