International SOS - The world's leading medical & travel security assistance company. We are in the business of saving and protecting lives from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. 11,000 employees, led by 5,200 medical professionals service multinational companies, governments and NGOs globally.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Purpose (Brief Description of the Primary Purpose of this Position)
- The Operations Manager is responsible for providing operational management and coordination of support for International SOS medical services activities across Nigeria, consistent with contractual commitments.
- This will include managing the interface between Human Resources; Logistics, Procurement, Medical, Assistance Centre and Marketing in support of delivery of site medical services, mainly by developing an on- site presence on all sites.
- The Operations Manager is also responsible for ensuring the delivery of competent and professional operational support through the development of a strong Medical Services Operations team. In addition, for developing Intl.SOS / Client relationships at Medical Services locations and working with Clients to ensure their needs and perceptions are clearly defined, and that Intl.SOS is delivering the expected and agreed level of service.
Key Responsibilities (Critical responsibilities of this position)
Management & Administration:
- Setting up and mobilizing new MedSites according to Intl. SOS medical services standards and utilizing the MS Start up Tool and if needed, adapting the relevant procedures to the sites.
- Managing existing sites according to Intl.SOS Standards for Medical Facilities.
- Demobilizing MedSites at end of contract according to Intl. SOS standards.
- Working with clients to ensure their needs and expectations are cleanly defined.
- Planning, organizing and visiting clinic facilities and MedSites according to scope of responsibility. Supporting, supervising, advising and providing leadership to site staff as appropriate.
- Following up with site medical and non-medical staff with support, documentation or assistance as deemed necessary.
- Ensuring Medical Services facilities are maintained to an operational standard 0f professional excellence, including medical staffing competence, equipment (maintenance, stock management, etc.) and patient services (clinical care).
- Ensure that all relevant data information systems are used according to International SOS standards and guidelines — Oryx, Kronos, Argos, etc.
- Assist in ensuring Medical Services activities are delivered according to Intl.SOS standards and dient requirements.
- Ensure that client service level agreements are in place with clear KPIs defined (as required on a case by case basis) and that actual performance against the agreed service levels are reported to the client on a frequency as per agreed with the relevant client.
- Following an audit, make sure that the site staff
- prepares a relevant Action Plan to close the gaps and assist them in the drive to compliance. Maintain accountability for POA completion and close-out for all sites under the incumbent’s geographical remit.
- Drive the quality improvement and efficiency agenda across Medical Services in Northern African sub region in partnership with medical, sales and finance teams to continue improvements in the overall profitability.
- During a MedSite visit, support the creation of a work environment conducive for productive performance and job satisfaction.
- Identify skills gaps amongst medical and non- medical site staff and whenever appropriate, coach and train site staff to close the gaps or arrange support in doing so.
- Act as a manager I coach to site staff as appropriate and demonstrate professional behaviour and respect at all times.
- Ensure that all staff working in Medical Services are trained and qualified to provide effective and professional support to clinic patients.
- Ensure that quality systems are in place for all staff to be trained and qualified in the provision of effective and professional support in all relevant scopes of practice.
- Ensure that continuing medical education/in- service opportunities are undertaken as per standards
- Make sure there is integrity in the management of all drugs and disposables used on Medical Services sites through an inventory control system as per company standards, including fulfilment and re-supply protocols.
- Assist in re-defining the procurement offer (standard lists, pre-validated quotes, etc.) in conjunction with the supply chain logistics officer, as may be required from time to time.
Documentation / Communication:
- Ensure that the relevant Patient Records Management system for each site is implemented and maintained as per company standards to ensure medical records management integrity. Ensure that all other documentation to support activities is maintained as required by inventory, stock, accounting or administration needs. Ensure all relevant documentation on site audits and general monthly reporting is maintained across all relevant sites.
- Ensure that all procedures, policies and company information are maintained to the latest date issued in accordance with the Continuous Quality Improvement Policy.
- Manage costs relevant to the G&A budget for the department (CC14)
- Manage costs relevant (C.O.S.) to the budget of the sites in Nigeria C. Job Profile (Critical skills and competencies required for this position)Required Skills and Knowledge
- Must demonstrate warmth of personality, empathy and approachability in his/her interpersonal communication style.
- A good administrator and logistician with a strong management sense and preferably a trained nurse or paramedic.
- Strong organizational skills and good at setting his/her own agenda and managing his/her time accordingly to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyse situations and take appropriate action consistent with company policies.
- Demonstrable track record of working in a cross-cultural environment.
Required Work Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Operations I Medical Facility management — relevant medical or Energy industry experience preferred. Priore xperience working in energy or mining sectors would be an advantage.
- A medical qualification (nurse or paramedic) is a significant advantage.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)—Compulsory Fluency in French (oral and written) — Added advantage
Travel I Rotation Requirements:
- Extensive travel regionally to all relevant countries within and off-shore Nigeria, including frequent remote site visits (up to approximately 30-50%).
- Short term stay on location of assignment may be required from time to time (up to 3 or 4 weeks in extreme circumstances).
Behaviours (Brief description of any behaviours required in order to align with the organization):
- Attitudes/behaviours in alignment with the Intl. SOS values of Passion, Expertise, Respect and Care
- US citizenship and Proficiency in French language (oral and written) huge asset.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and Cover Letter to: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This job description outlines the types of responsibilities the incumbent is required to perform. The incumbent may be required to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description. This job description is subject to regular review.