Contract Manager at Wartsila Marine
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Wartsila Marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and energy solutions of its customers. In 2015, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5 billion with approximately 18,800 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki
Location: Ewekoro, Calabar - Cross River
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Wartsila in Nigeria is looking for a strong visionary leader to manage our operations and maintenance team at Ewekoro, whilst ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction. The position is located at Ewekoro, near Lagos Nigeria.
- Lead and manage contract management activities and/or assigned team.
- Execute assigned contracts accordance with Wärtsilä Services guidelines, the Contract Management process and general management practices in a safe and cost effective way.
- Puts customer first - Prioritises actions leading to increasing customer satisfaction
- Continuosly develop understanding how to create value for customer and customers business
- Follow-up customer satisfaction and ensure that agreed actions are taken in the area or in the assigned responsibility area.
- Develop understanding for organizations what is required to ensure renewals of contracts
- Actively participate in sales and sales support
- Implement Contract Management action plans, processes and guidelines in the assigned responsibility area.
- Plan, budget and manage result of the work within the scope of the contract.
- Optimise assets such as inventories, receivables, fixed assets etc. tied to the contract.
- Maintain good internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure quality of work related to the contract execution.
- Follow up financial, operative and technical performance through reviews and reporting and take corrective actions.
- Lives one Wärtsilä always considering the full picture and not short term wins and suboptimized performance
- Embedding coaching in everyday interactions to continuously develop the competence of the organization
- Contract Manager needs to hold relevant Academic Degree and have strong track record from customer interface and leadership roles also in demanding, multicultural leadership environment.
- Having a proven track record of business results is a must. Previous solid experience leading a Sales Team is considered a major advantage in being successful in this role.
- Customer focus and service mind-set also in tough situations is natural to you and the business, market and customer understanding enables you to create and develop customer relationships with long term thinking.
- Understanding customers business and value proposition
- Understanding of power plant financing, construction, operation and economic drivers
- Good value selling understanding, preferably from the power plant business
- Wärtsilä power plant knowledge
- Understanding sales financials
- Excellent sales and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Team player attitude internally and externally
- Entrepreneurial drive with hunter mind-set
- Good experience on power plant project sales, power project development and Operation and Maintenance total solutions experience
- Languages: English compulsory B.Sc or Master in Engineering or Economics.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Wartsila Marine
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Sales Manager, 1 at Wartsila Marine
- Know More About Wartsila MarineSimilar Jobs
- Technical Authority-Lifting & Rigging at NigerDock
- Project Engineer at Alexander Nelson
- Experienced Hire at Arbico Plc
- Production Engineer at WellSteer Oilfield Technology Services Limited
- Umbilicals Package Lead at WTS Energy
- Electrical/Facility Manager at Bradfield Consulting
- Technical Officer - Miscellaneous at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Structural Engineer at CMB Building Maintenance and Investment Company Limited