Safety Advisor II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Posted on: 3 December, 2018
Deadline: 6 December, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Safety Advisor II
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Provides safety / health support to the site leadership team and the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) ) Contractor's organization
- In some cases, responsibilities may extend to other Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) issues, status, and metrics.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
- Provide ongoing support to proponent organizations to assist them in implementing the Safety Management System and in meeting safety objectives and expectations.
- This support includes: assisting Business Lines in developing safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
- Conduct field inspections of onshore and offshore oil/gas facilities, project construction sites, drilling rigs, and support facilities such office buildings, warehouses, and communities. This includes working with BL to identify safety concerns, formulate solutions, and develop practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Participate in various safety studies/activities, such as: PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, or insurance surveys
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated work experience in construction safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience)
- In depth knowledge of security processes and procedures
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within a project team
- Prefer prior experience working in a multicultural / multilingual, emerging nation, environment
- Willingness to travel / live away from home for extended time periods
- Demonstrated ability (through past project successes) to deliver excellence in project SSHE performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful internal and external working relationships with emphasis on interfacing in a team environment
- Must be fit for duty for a construction field environment (examples include uneven, unpaved walking surfaces, large structures that are accessible only via ladders or stairs, standing for extended time periods, climbing, bending, walking, reaching, and other physical demands)
- Ability to work in harsh environments (examples include temperature and / or humidity extremes, remote locations with limited amenities) with changing priorities
- Ability to set priorities and work independently in performing contractor services with an appreciation for company processes and procedures
- No training will be provided (other than the company's specific safety standards and procedures).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Project Engineer II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Fluids Advisor II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Rig Supervisor III at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Rig Supervisor II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Know More About Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Safety and Security Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Technical HSSE Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Operator - Environment at SAB Miller
- Deep Water – Site Lifting Specialist /QA-QC/HSE at Dan Harry Nig. Ltd
- HSE Officer at Tomsey Engineering and Services International Limited
- HSE Site Lifting Specialist - LADOL (Local) at Onstream Group
- QHSE Coordinator at True Blue Energy Services Limited
- Environmental Health Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)