Junior Quantity Surveyor at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
Posted on: 29 November, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
Mar & Mor Integrated Services Limited is a building services company, passionate about customer satisfaction, best practices and standards compliance. We are in Business to continuously raise the bar in the delivery of Mechanical and Electrical engineering services that meet the quality standards, performance and price aspirations of our customers, while reducing maintenance and support requirement to the barest minimum.
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Job ID: 0001
- We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient Quantity Surveyor to join our growing organization.
- In this position, you will assist QS team to estimate costs of construction projects, working with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high quality standards.
- He/she will work to minimize the costs of project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Shadowing the Senior QS and team members as they perform their duties.
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Assist in preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the Project managers, design department and/or the client.
- Undertake cost analysis for all MMIS project
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Perform risk assessment, value management and cost control.
- Advise on a procurement strategy.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Prepare and analyse costing for tenders.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Arranging payments to suppliers and sub-contractors
- providing advice and forecasts about costs
- Send regular reports about project cost and progress to the lead quantity surveyor
Minimum Educational Qualification & Professional Experience
- University Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering or related field from a reputable higher institution of learning.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct experience in the construction/Engineering industry with a focus on Electromechanical, Firefighting, HVAC and plumbing projects.
- Professional certification such as Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors(NIQS),Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (QSRBN) and other Professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Health & Safety Certification and Project management Certification will also an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Numerical accuracy skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Proficiency in computer software used in the construction industry
- Ability to analyse financial records and apply data to improved results
- Good working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- Good at time management and prioritization of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in drawings, checking work quality
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Mar and Mor Integarted Services
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
- Senior Design Engineer at Mar and Mor Integarted Services
- Know More About Mar and Mor Integarted ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Quantity Surveyor at Banksome Group of Companies
- Interior Architect at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Estate Surveyor at Ora Egbunike & Associates
- Architect/Site Supervisor at Introit Consulting Limited
- Construction Superintendent II at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Quantity Surveyor at Prestigious Homes Limited
- Architect at Decorhub Nigeria
- Architect at Property Investors Network