Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Internal Auditor Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Internal Auditor Officer will adopt systematic and disciplined audit approaches to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's risk management, control, and governance processes of Plan International Nigeria. Whilst risk management responsibility is that of the Country management, she/he is the main instrument for its implementation and improvement.
- An internal auditor Officer is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that proper checks are carried out to ensure accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Under the direct supervision of the Country Internal Auditor, the Internal Auditor Officer function is responsible for supporting the developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive internal audit program, which supports improvement of the risk management of Plan International Nigeria.
Dimension of Role
- Area of Responsibility - Borno and Adamawa (and other offices when the need arise).
- Located at Plan Maiduguri Office and reports to Country Internal Auditor.
- Support Programs and Finance systems, processes for compliance and management information.
- Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of all Plan systems.
- Carry out a full audit of an organization; including accessing risk and taking the necessary risk management steps to forestall fraud.
- Ensure control management regarding financial reliability and compliance by making sure that directions and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented including Global Assurance findings.
- Work closely with external or visiting auditors and support their audit process.
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible audit observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, and data
- Act objectively by giving independent advice in order to ensure legality and achieve organizational goals.
- Maintain and improve on existing open communication with the management.
- Assist to document the audit process and prepares audit findings. Also, prepare and present reports that clearly reflects the audit results.
- Assist to do a follow-up on the audit assignments giving to other auditors by Plan International Nigeria.
- Strive to continuously develop knowledge in the sector regarding rules, regulations, best practices, techniques and performance standards.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and Plan’s rules and regulations.
- Keep Supervisor informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to the job’s responsibilities.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Internal Auditor or Country Director.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, Accounting, or Finance (Evidence of Progress in Professional Qualification will be an added advantage)
- Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to work on multiple tasks or assignments
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, and truthfulness in all dealings
- Knowledge of legal and financial systems
- Ability to do proper documentation; possess good record keeping ability
- Possession of sound independent judgment
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- Possess advanced skills in computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP accounting software
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on jobs.plan-international.org to apply