Constructions Coordinator (Roving) at Plan International
Posted on: 27 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Constructions Coordinator (Roving)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The purpose of this role is to supervise all the constructional work.
Dimension of Role
- The role of the construction coordinator is to provide technical support to the ECHO team and Plan International in matters related to constructional work including latrines, temporary learning spaces, Child friendly spaces among others that will either be renovated or constructed.
The selected construction coordinator will be expected to perform the following roles:
- Develop bill of quantity for the construction work to include Latrines, TLS, CFS and others
- Develop classroom designs in line with the approved guidelines on TLS constructions.
- Coordinate with the ministry of RRR before commencement of constructions to ensure smooth constructional work.
- Supervise the contractors and ensure constructional work is carried out as per the agreed standards.
- Provide technical advice to the CBA team to inform decision on selection of contractors.
- Issue on behalf of Plan International a certificate of completion for based of satisfactory quality checks on constructions.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or University degree or equivalent in Civil engineering, Poly technical schools or any related back ground
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in building work preferably schools.
- Experience working in emergency settings.
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Community mobilizations skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language and Hausa.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Plan International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- SHOW HR & Admin Manager at Plan International
- Know More About Plan InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Architect at Management FIRST
- Maintenance Technician (Electrical) at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Intern Architect at Vincintore Limited
- Site Supervisor at GreenKey Facility Management
- Builder at The Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
- Architect at The Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi