Audit Senior at Ernst and Young
Posted on: 27 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Ernst and Young
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Ref Id: NIG00037
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit client personnel, assess audit clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the audit client throughout the year.
- Apply a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts to client situations.
- Provide updates on status of audit engagements.
- Delegate audit tasks to team members as appropriate, provide guidance and monitor performance.
- Manage and contribute to internal engagements.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client.
- Apply business development skills to identify and communicate additional business opportunities for the firm.
- Actively seek and encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm’s services.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide performance feedback to assurance staff under the purview of this role.
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- 1st degree in Accounting and/or other relevant discipline; should possess an accounting qualification i.e. ICAN or ACCA
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise in primary accounting frameworks, E.g. IFRS and related financial reporting matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Ability to influence, change and shape the direction of audit activities.
- Proficient in the use of technology to learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
- Ability to foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ernst and Young career website on eygbl.referrals.selectminds.com to apply
- Know More About Ernst and YoungSimilar Jobs
- Head of Accounts at P4PE Institute
- Receivables and Payable Officer at P4PE Institute
- Infrastructure Investment Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Internal Control & Compliance at Tenece Professional Services Limited
- Finance Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Finance and Account Intern at Redwoods Capital Limited
- Accounting Officer at AFM Recruit
- Payroll Specialist at Sellafield Energy