GE Additive is part of GE (NYSE: GE) - the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE Additive includes additive machine providers Concept Laser and ArcamEBM; along with additive material provider AP&C and additive service provider to the medical industry, DTI. As a notable user of additive technologies GE recognize the value and potential it brings to modern design and manufacturing. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, resources and intellect. GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Technical Documentation Leader
Ref No: 3212593
Business Segment: Aviation Additive
The Technical Documentation Leader will lead a global team of technical writers to deliver internal and external documentation of Additive Manufacturing machines in a growing and dynamic business.
The role of Technical Documentation Leader works with Engineering, Supply Chain, Services and other business functions to deliver relevent technical manuals and will utilize expertise to mentor and train while participating in business initiatives.
- Lead global team of Technical Documentation writers
- Create processes for Technical Document creation across multiple machine modalities and business cultures
- Coordinate (costs, time-line etc.) document creation by external suppliers as well as country specific transactions
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Oversee use of a Content Management System
- Actively participate in the creation of internal and external documentation
- Support the strategic planning and development of the technical documentation organization related to software tools, job descriptions etc.
- Drive continuous improvement of the editorial standards and rules
- Drive translation management
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a technical field
- Line management experience
- Experience working on (or leading) global teams
- Excellent English language communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Passion for Process Excellence, Simplification and Improvement
- Proven leadership capabilities with ability to motivate others and achieve results within a highly technical environment
- Lean Leader or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Project Management skills
- Ability to communicate in Swedish and/or German in a business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, can articulate succinctly to all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence others, able to lead with a global mindset.
- Proven team player and demonstrated ability to work horizontally
- Proven time management & organizational skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform in a time pressured environment
- Relevant knowledge of Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) and application regulations (e.g: ANSI Z535, DIN EN 82079-1), their application in technical documentation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GE - General Electric career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply