Program Manager at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 29 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Adventist Development and Rel
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of the program activities as per the design log frame to achieve the set outcomes and outputs. Spearhead practical working geared to high-level acquisition of the program objectives. Collection of feedback from project officers and field program technical teams on the functionality of the programs activities and ensure that communication is efficiently delivered to the head of programs/ERC/or Area Coordinator’s office and to the donors where possible.
- Ensure that Food Security and Livelihoods program objectives are achieved through the hired personnel and data in Performance Reporting Systems are up-to-date, accurate and reliable; update as necessary with changes in indicators, processes and feedback from the programs teams and stakeholders.
- Supervise and administer the field technical teams with proper collaboration of the teams, with emphasis proper implementation of activities and management of the allocated funds for the Program in close collaboration with the office of the relevant Program senior offices. To ensure data validation, data analysis, and data visualizations during Program Reviews, Performance and Plan Reporting and other coordination requirements by the stakeholders and communities.
- Ensure and approval of training planning for field program staffs on Access to SAFE Energy activities, beneficiaries selection, enterprise development, data entry, data analysis, data visualizations, and how to maximize the functionality of the multi-sectorial program implementation of activities.
- Manage the ADRA Food Security and Livelihoods system in the set location, anticipate challenges and administer creative, efficient and effective solutions before they occur.
- Ensure proper routine coordination with all sector offices, stakeholders and donors; enhance civil-military working mechanisms, gender and protection sector activities, M&E teams, to determine priority tasks. Ensure the Emergency Response Coordinator is aware of and up to date on all implementation tasks, progress and reports.
- Conduct routine site visits during the project implementation phase for each component in assigned location in accordance to approved work plans by the Area coordinator and ERC’s office.
- Liaise with the community/local governments and partners to ensure coherence and complementarity enhancing resilience creation and sustainability of program goals.
- In coordination with the M&E officers and team members, Area Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator’s office, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level activities and present the plan for approval by the responsible senior managers.
- Ensure monitoring and production of “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Review and input to draft “interim evaluation reports” (IER) based on prescribed format shared by field staffs and M&E officer and prepare presentation of the same to the senior management for approval before submission to the stakeholders/donors.
- Ensure proper compliancy of program-policy and standard operating procedures (SOPs) required and share findings with the Area Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator’s office on a Monthly basis.
- Serve as primary point of contact between ADRA and stakeholders for any data and information about programs activities when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Share observations from implementation progress with Area Coordinator and Emergency Response Coordinator when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Ensure production and identification of lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Final Evaluation Reports.
- First degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, Micro-economics, Environmental Management or related field is desired. Relevant experience in project management, field monitoring, evaluation design, assessments, empirical and statistical analysis, Food Security and Livelihoods and/or micro-business management design is required.
- At least more than two years of working in humanitarian responses environment and donor funded programs reporting requirements is a must.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types.
- Ability to use advanced data collection tools/gadgets and interpret coded data generated by data colleting gadgets like Kobo tool.
- Ability to interpret and visualize time series indicator performance data
- Familiarity with humanitarian response monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, through: email@example.com
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Recent Jobs from The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Livelihood and Evaluation Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Gender and Protection Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-Safe Energy and Livelihoods at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Project Accountant at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Know More About The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)Similar Jobs
- Complaints Response Mechanism Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Grants and Fundraising Officer at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Program Assistant at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
- Community Mobilization Officer at Jhpiego - John Hopkins University
- Senior Manager, MEAL at Catholic Relief Services
- Program Manager I at Catholic Relief Services
- Program Officer (Disability Inclusive Development) at CBM International