MPBN Operations Engineer at Airtel
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 26 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Airtel
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
MPBN Operations Engineer
- This function is expected to act as the representative for technical and functional requirements in the area in the area of MPBN, MPLS, Enterprise MPLS, IPRAN and IP Core together referred as IP Services solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The role will define the optimal topology of the IP Services to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for IP Network; This role provides Level- 1 support to the function with hands-on knowledge and experience on the nodes and ensures FTR configurations.
Airtel is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role. The job is located in Lagos and will be responsible for:
- MPBN Operations to ensure Uninterrupted voice and data service delivery
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL
- Keep & Maintain inventory of IP Addresses and implement Zoning
- Allocate IP Addresses to Network as per Airtel Zoning policy and maintain its database
- Ensure cabling in IP network is maintained as per standard structured cabling procedures in switch rooms
- Perform Change Management, performance & optimization through O&M and Performance Management processes
- Update Solution document, HLD, DLD, LLD along with Network Diagram
- Capacity optimization, availability & performance management
- Perform adequate day to day capacity optimization, of all nodes, interfaces on IP Services related Nodes - in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Support in Expansion & Evolution of Core Network
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Minimum of 2-5years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the IP Nodes.
- Multivendor experience - Including experience with Transmission, Core & Data networks.
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of IP/MPLS which could includes hands-on operations, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 2G/3G/4G networks moving convergence with IP
- Detailed understanding of IP technology
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
Other Required Attributes:
- Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science/IT
- Detailed working of IP/MPLS
- Juniper / Cisco / Huawei NE certified engineer is a must
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of call flows of Telecom w.r.t. IP routing
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
Method of Application
- Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
- If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- Know More About AirtelSimilar Jobs
- Mobile Application Developer at ConnectRail Service Limited
- Director of Product, Delivery Technology at Andela
- IT Graduate Trainee at Invent Alliance Limited
- Data Center & System Administrator at Health Plus Limited
- Linux System Administrator at eHealth4everyone
- DHIS2 Assistant at eHealth4everyone
- User Experience Designer at eHealth4everyone
- Senior Web Developer at eHealth4everyone