Programme Officer (Emergency Response) at CBM International
Posted on: 19 November, 2018
Deadline: 27 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at CBM International
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organizations’, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
Programme Officer (Emergency Response)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria; with travels within the north-east & Abuja
Contract duration: 1 year
Contract type: Full-time
Contract start: As soon as possible
- CBM is seeking a Programme Officer (Emergency Response) to support emergency response projects in the north-east, funded by CBM Germany and BMZ.
- In close cooperation with local implementing partners, the Programme Officer (Emergency Response) assumes responsibility for the smooth running of CBM-supported emergency response projects from the planning phase to final evaluation.
Planning and implementation:
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders
- Strong collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the governments
- Facilitate joint meetings and activities among partners
- Monitoring and knowledge management
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Data collection
- Development of detailed multi-year plans
- Deliverables and milestones planning
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management)
- Regular updating of all plans
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Documentation of lessons learnt and good practices.
- Monitoring / progress reporting, according to donor’s requirements
- Other types of reports issuing
- Prepare project briefs, reports and presentations as required.
- Partnerships implementation and follow up (rights and obligation)
- Support to partners for elaboration of annual and quarterly budgets and activity plans
- Capacity building needs identification and implementation
- Support to partners in reporting
- Active involvement in cluster meetings and activities
- Networking among emergency response clusters.
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary.
- University Degree/ HND in Psychology, Law, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required; Master's Degree will be added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years specific professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter in English to: email@example.com
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Maiduguri, Nigeria. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws.
- Recent Jobs from CBM International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Finance Officer (Emergency Response) at CBM International
- Driver/Logistics Assistant at CBM International
- Know More About CBM InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Chief of Party at RTI International
- Livelihood Project Manager at INTERSOS
- Project Manager - CCCM/Shelter at INTERSOS
- Program Assistant at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation
- Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation at AHNI
- Area Project Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- IDP Case Management Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Short Term Consultancy as an ICT4D Consultant for the 2019 Global Fund supported LLIN mass campaign in 5 states – Kano, Kaduna, Niger, Delta, Taraba. at Catholic Relief Services