Our company, Connect Rail Services Limited is at the cutting edge of leveraging rail and in-land waterways in transporting heavy-lift goods by taking the pressure off the road network. Our vision is to build a Pan African logistics business committed to unlocking the challenge of moving goods across the continent.
Terminal Operations Manager
We are seeking a suitably competent Terminal Manager who will be responsible for planning, administering and reviewing the operations at the terminal in Ikorodu, Lagos State in order to optimize resource use, minimize costs and maintain quality standards.
- Lead a safe, effective, efficient and profitable operation of the terminal facility by managing all aspects of the terminal to meet customer and throughput commitments
- Develop and deliver on business plans to meet terminal commitments
- Oversee terminal budget
- Handle coordination with truck owners on delivery of cargoes (minimize container demurrage)
- Manage tug boats, barge switching and fleeting operations
- Responsible for safety and health throughout the terminal
- Lead, develop and implement strategic and operational planning for a port terminal facility
- Liaise with industry stakeholders and represent the company on external committees and associations
- Supervise barging process and inventory management ensuring that freight arrives at its destination in a timely manner
- Monitor computerized automation system, to ensure that all equipment is operational, and production levels are met and maintained in accordance with goals and objectives
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of data captured on the ERP system
Skills and Qualification Requirements
- First degree in any related course of study.
- A Masters' degree in the same. Professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years in shipping and maritime industry and working of container Terminal.
- Ability to understand, prepare and manage terminal cost and revenue budgets
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- They should have a good working knowledge of IT encompassing but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The individual for this role should have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with customers and staff in a positive and motivational manner.
- Understanding of Safety Management System principles.
- Continuously identify ways to improve implementation of operational processes.
- Continually identify and implement ways to provide cost savings/benefits to the Operations through more efficient processes.
- Demonstrated improvement in corporate safety culture amongst the Operations Team through achieving corporate Safety Targets.
- Foster constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- They will need the ability to react quickly to given situations, using innovative, creative solutions and be prepared and willing to operate with a 'hands on' approach as the business demands.
- Must provide a full 10 year checkable work history.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Terminal Operations Manager” OR “Health & Safety Manager” as subject of mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacte