FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- FHI 360 is seeking candidates for an Executive Assistant to provide technical leadership to an anticipated DFID-funded, eight-year Health Investment Programme in Nigeria. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Serve as the principal administrative and support.
- Work ranges from office support assignments to performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and judgment.
- Communication and public contact are major components of job, both internal and external to the organization.
- Work requires contact with all levels of management and staff within the organization, client representatives, government agencies and vendors.
- Serves as a liaison between Director, reporting units and other business areas and external agencies for the purpose of relaying instructions and information and following commitments through to completion.
- Manages and monitors a variety of information impacting the Director’s responsibilities and priorities.
- Exercises delegated authority to speak on behalf of the Director regarding a variety of administrative matters.
- Identifies and resolves problems that would not require Director’s direct involvement.
- May attend meetings in Director’s absence to provide and/or obtain information. Research, develop and draft letters, memos, or reports to for the Chief Officer’s review.
- Edits documents to incorporate information and ideas specific to the Director and/or activities within the overall organizational unit or division.
- Screens calls and visitors to determine appropriate course of action.
- Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in administration, or other relevant field preferred;
- Typically requires a minimum 5+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis and/or related experience in order to handle budgetary task.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Non-Profit or health-related field experience preferred.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
- Must have experience working with DFID and/or international development organization projects and staff;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; knowledge of Hausa and other local languages will be an advantage;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the North and Northeast regions strongly desired
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.