Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Maiduguri office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory/asset management and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
Dimension of Role:
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Maiduguri Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff
- Supervision of two janitors
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing; sending, receiving and distributing documents; and’ photocopying/Scanning.
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, including production, photocopying, assembling, posting and courier/shipping.
- Assist with sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Support program activities in the Maiduguri office where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Maiduguri Office
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure that the Maiduguri office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Responsible for purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Responsible for posting good receipt in SAP supported by a delivery note
- Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties for the office as assigned by manager.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A BA/BSc or HND in related Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years’ practical work experience in supporting administrative systems in a similar organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.