General Manager- Agribusiness at Rossland Consulting Limited
Posted on: 16 November, 2018
Deadline: 15 December, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Rossland Consulting Limited
Rossland Screening Solutions - Our client, an integrated Agribusiness company located in Jalingo, Taraba State Nigeria is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates with sound technical knowledge and leadership ability to fill the position below:
General Manager- Agribusiness
Location: Jalingo, Taraba
- The company is looking for intelligent, highly motivated candidates who would be willing to work hard, who have the ability to apply common sense in analysing and resolving problems and who value honesty and integrity.
- Coordinating all the farming activities by working closely with the Agronomist, Horticulturist, Soil scientists etc
- Analyses soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Negotiates with bank officials to obtain credit from bank.
- Ensuring safe operation of the rice mill
- Controlling all aspects for rice transfer, handling, parboiling, milling, bulk storage and packing
- Managing stock control & reconciliation and ensures optimal use of machines for quality rice production
- Responsibilities in grain production enterprise:
- Supervising post-emergent spraying of chemicals and side dress ammonia
- Grain handling system
- Maintenance of bins, scale, dryer, elevator
- Oversee all handling of stored grains.
- Transport grain from field to drying or storage centres.
- Transport seed grains from field to grain company.
- Transport landlords’ grain to buyers.
- Supervise all field work.
- Determine and order all inputs for crops
- Identifying training needs and develops training plans for the rice plant team
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety standards.
- Develop and manage the strategies, plans and budgets as agreed with the Executive Chairman
- Effectively manage labour requirements/manpower planning, production planning, stock
- Management, instrumentation calibration, plant modifications and develop innovative systems and processes utilising all available technology
- It is essential that the manager builds effective working relationships with all staff and support staff to ensure all areas are managed and controlled.
- Identify business improvement points, process integration points gaps/improvement opportunities.
- Set clear performance targets and goals of the company and collaborates with all sectional heads and all staff.
- Works with the Management of the company to understand project concepts, objectives and approach and takes assigned projects from conception to final implementation.
- Defines, develops, implements and monitor quality assurances, practices and procedures
- Draft and brief the Management regularly on new ideas for development and growth of the company
- Ensure Daily records up-keep of all activities of the company including but not limited to procurement of paddy records, spare parts and consumables, production records, machines and generators, product and bye products records etc.
- Identify deviations, Analyse, take actions and report the same.
- On the Job training for workers and operators in all areas and share their knowledge and best practice with subordinates.
- Ensure safety rules are observed in the factory.
Job Requirements (Qualification & Skills)
- A minimum of Master's Degree in Agricultural discipline.
- MBA in business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- An understanding of, and ability to work with, average-level computer technology.
- Process & Procedure Implementation Skills.
- The successful candidate must quick to learn and be a team player, as will be expected to participate and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Preferably: An Expatriate with a Valid Resident & Work Permit or An Experienced Nigerian Citizen.
- Relevant work experience up to 10 years in Agro processing industry in a Similar Capacity
- Technical knowledge related to paddy processing, Fruit pulp preparation and processing is a must
- Pasteurisation and dearomatisation
- Ability to work extended hours.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in Managing Rice Plants especially parboiled Rice plants
Method of Application
Applicants should send their current Resume (CV) quoting the appropriate vacancy title & Location in the subject line of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know More About Rossland Consulting LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Project Administrative Assistant at UNDP
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Owens and Xley
- Chief Operating Officer at Catilas Resources Limited
- Operations Officer (State) - Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Documentation Specialist at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Personal Assistant at Lontor Nigeria
- Female Office Administrator at West-Bay Nigeria
- Vice Chancellor at Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola