Deputy Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 14 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support development programs throughout the country.
Deputy Chief of Party
Job Type: Full Time
- The upcoming Nigeria State2State project, funded by USAID, aims to increase the effectiveness, accountability, and transparency of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- The program will operate in Bauchi, Sokoto, and at least one other state in the north of Nigeria, and focus on strengthening public financial management and service delivery systems in key sectors such as education, health, and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria.
- The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) and provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, including ensuring that appropriate technical and financial reporting requirements are met.
- S/he should have appropriate levels of complementary expertise, professional and work experience to support the COP and coherent and effective program coordination and operations, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills to fulfill this role.
- Manage program operations, including administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, property, and oversight of grants under contract;
- Support a broad range of activities related to good governance, public financial management, citizen engagement, government service delivery, and conflict mitigation;
- Serve as USAID liaison in coordination with COP and during his/her absence;
- Support the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
- Support the COP in management of the program team in an open and respectful manner; and
- Support the COP in implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience working in governance programs, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; and
- Fluency in U.S. Government policies and procedures for contract management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants and contracts management; experience with construction procurements a plus.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in West Africa and/or Nigeria;
- Experience working on programs related to good governance, public financial management, government service delivery, citizen engagement, and/or conflict mitigation; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Director of Adaptive Management and Analysis at Creative Associates International
- Grants Manager at Creative Associates International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Creative Associates International
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- State Governance Director at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Senior Health Systems Strengthening Advisor at Malaria Consortium
- Nigeria Program Manager at Creative Associates International
- National Professional Officer (NPO) - NCD (Resolve) at World Health Organization (WHO)
- Reproductive Health and Nutrition Team Leaders ( Midwife)-RANN at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Advocacy and Capacity Building Specialist at Plan International
- IMPACT Consortium Assessment Manager at IMPACT Initiatives
- Complaints Response Mechanism Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International